webMethods Kafka Adaptor | Consumer Listner and notification | BufferUnderflowException

webMethods Integration Server
Version : 10.5

Current Kafka Fix version: webMethods Adapter 9.6 for Apache Kafka 9.6 Fix 10

I am working on Consuming Messages from Confluent Kafka Topic (consumer here is webMethods). Type of Messages : AVRO… Implemented Listner and Listener Notification.
and in listener adaptor notification i have selected the required schema too. I see when i Enable Listener and when notification starts running, I get bufferunderflow Exception. (Attaching the screenshot below)

I am using SyncListenerNotification to call IS service and also have used Async Lisetner to publish to Universal messaging Layer.

Can you please let know why is this happening, and the technical details if possible on what Adaptor or IS is trying to do that is causing this BufferUNderflow Exception.

Sharing Screenshot of Trace Logs;

1 Like

A general search suggests a mismatch between the kafka client and the kafka cluster versions , i.e., higher version of kafka client connecting to lower version of the server.
In addition , you can also check the Error logs as mentioned in the server log message.
These are available under Logs-> Error in the Integration server Admin UI

-NP