WebMethods Installer Error

I am getting the following when I try to run the webMethodsInstaller652.jar ($java -jar webMethodsInstaller652.jar -console):

Exception in thread “main” java.util.MissingResourceException: Can’t find bundle for base name com.wm.distman.install.InstallerMessages, locale en_US
at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:838)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:807)
at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:551)
at com.wm.distman.install.CommandLineArgs.(CommandLineArgs.java:138)
at com.wm.distman.install.DistManInstallMain.init(DistManInstallMain.java:23)
at com.wm.distman.install.DistManInstallMain.main(DistManInstallMain.java:33)

I am using Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_14-b05)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.4.2_14-b05, mixed mode)

… on a RHEL3 server. The version of WM, Java, and RHEL are intentional in order to match a live/production environment and cannot be changed/upgraded.

I have set the CLASSPATH to various lib/ and packages/ directories (copied from othe WM installs) to no avail. I have also tried it with different values for LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LANG.

I have unzipped the .jar and confirmed that com/wm/distman/install/InstallerMessages.class exists. I have also compared the MD5 signature of the installer .jar to the original (that works in other environments).

Is this an I18N issue? A java install problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

– Colby

Colby,

I suggest searching the Advantage KnowledgeBase for SR’s containing the string “Can’t find bundle for base name com.wm.distman.install.InstallerMessages”.

This could be related to the issue requiring the RHEL xorg-x11 package and xorg-x11-deprecated-libs to be updated.

Mark

That did the trick. Thanks, mcarlson.