webMethods Insight

Hi All,

Anyone working on webMethods Insight server ? Need few details on configuration.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Hi !

Did you get any information about Insight Server and Insight Agent ?
Kindly share any information and and prerequisites to be considered while installing insight server and agent.
Version 9.8

TIA :slight_smile:

Raj

Hi ppl,

Can some one tell me how do we stop/ start Insight serevr and Mediator in webMethods in Linus environment.

Hi Sandhya,
Could you please be more specific with your question?

Insight Server/Agent installation is different than a webMethods installation. Its two different products, and you will install Insight Agent in the machine where webMethods is installed…

How to start and stop Insight Server and Agent is simple… You could look into documentation for more details…

Under /DefaultProfile/bin/, you will find startup and shutdown scripts to start/stop server/agent…

Mediator is a component inside Integration server. You will start/stop IS normally as you know, so I don’t have to explain… You will have to instrument the agent inside IS.

Regards
Senthil

Thanks Senthil.

Mediator and Insight is new to me.Can u explain more on this.

"Its two different products, and you will install Insight Agent in the machine where webMethods is installed… "

Where do we usually install insight agent. Is it where IS is installed or??

Thanks.

Hi Sandhya,
I believe you might have to read some Whitepapers to start with… See below URL’s…

For more technical information, we could help if you can start to read Insight Server Administration and Insight Agent Administration guide…

https://empower.softwareag.com/sl24sec/SecuredServices/document/java/insight/insight.htm

Regards
Senthil

Hi All,

Could you please help me with hardware requirement planning for configuring SAG Insight server and its agent.

Insight Server

CPU–?
RAM (Memory)–?
Hard Drive Space–?
Temp Space–?
Swap Space–?
Operating system–> Linux/Windows/AIX Linux/Windows/AIX

Insight Server Database

CPU --?
RAM (Memory)–?
Hard Drive Space–?
Temp Space–?