WebMethods Flat File Schema

How does one parse multiple “documents” using the Flat File functionality in webMethods 6?

For instance, I have created a Flat File Schema/Dictionary to parse the following flat file

Header,ABC Chemicals,01/01/2003
Line,1,Item 1,200,200
Line,2,Item 2,200,200
Line,2,Item 3,200,200

How do I modify this to parse repeat structures? something like and generate seperate “Documents”?

Line,1,Item 1,200,200
Line,2,Item 2,200,200
Line,2,Item 3,200,200
Line,1,Item 1,200,200
Line,2,Item 2,200,200
Line,2,Item 3,200,200

Thanks

I’m struggling to bend the flat file adapter to my will myself…

Perhaps creating a record including a subrecord could do the trick for you? I mean, a Header record which includes a Line record, using your example. I haven’t tried this myself, but I know it is possible to add records instead of fields to a given record when making the schema. Please tell how it goes.

Thanks for the tip. That indeed did the trick. I now have the LINE record as a child to the HEADER record. The convertToValues does the job of providing an array of HEADER records which can be looped to get individual Orders.

Basically, I am doing this excercise to understand the overall migration process of an integration based on webMethods Enterprise+Enterprise IO Adapter to webMethods 6. (BTW, is there any tools/utilities available to assist this whole process?)

Another quick follow-up question, what is needed to be done to get the “resubmit capability” which was provided by webMethods Integration Monitor+Logger Adapter? Would the webMethods Business Process tools (aka Modeler) be involved or could it be done within the webMethods 6 (aka Integration Server) itself?

Thanks

Thanks again.

The Trading Networks package more or less provides functionality equivalent to Monitor and Logger.