webMethods Ezine Dynamic Document Mapping Delivering a Document in Multiple Formats

Questions or comments about this webMethods Ezine article?

Click here to read the original text.

could any one please tell me if there is any function to convert a documentlist directly to an xml String

Hi Hari

U could refer the "webMethods Integration Server Built-in Services Reference.pdf" where ther are a number of built in services. 

There are services which coverts from documentListToDocument and then documentToXMLValues.

Jimmy

hi jimmy,

i had referred the BISR Guide already . i think u r referring to pub.document.documentlisttoDocument service . could u please tell me what to give in name and value field. this service was using key-value pairs . these are not found in normal documentlists right ? .

hari

Hi Hari

The name and value act as key-value pair where the the name is the key, it should be a string value and value the content. 
    Suppose in u'r Doclist u have Details of employees, where Name field can be the key and Age field can be value. 

Jimmy

hi jimmy

thankx for the tip. i will try to explain to u the situation in detail . i am receiving a documentlist from a stored procedure call with following fields as output , AgentID, IDType, SummaryType , FirstName , MiddleName, LastName. i want to convert the whole document list as a single xml string data entity so that it can be logged on as a message in a log databse. what is the criteria in choosing the name and value fields . can i use the above service in this case.

i received a documentList from DataBase with following fields as output, eno,ename,dept,basic,pf,ta,Total.I want convert the whole documentList as a Document.could any one please tell me .

Try the below service and see whether it will workout for you are not.
pub.document:documentListToDocument in WmPublic package.

hai chandra ,

thanx,but i have got following error: 

com.wm.util.BasisRuntimeException:[BAC.0001.0060]
RuntimeException:cannot insert null key.

You should provide the name(key of the field like eno,ename etc.)this will convert it to a Document.Also see the documentation of the above service for more info.

HTH,
RMG

i want flow steps of DataBase to XML Scenario useing JMS Adapter