This article provides an introduction of webMethods Cloud Container, Pre-Requisites for deploying Integrations to Cloud Container instances. Additionally, this document provides information about different Landscape Models available in Cloud Container.
webMethods Cloud Container unlocks the power of API-led and DevOps-led integration, enabling organizations to build, test, connect and deploy their enterprise-scale software and applications quickly and automatically, simplifying the process of deploying integrations to the cloud.
Professional developers can deploy from within Software AG Designer, a full featured Eclipse-based IDE, directly to the Software AG Cloud. Release new products and services to the cloud with greater speed and flexibility to gain competitive advantages.
- 10.3 or higher On-Premise Setup with Integration Server, Universal Messaging, Designer, Asset Build Environment, SPM and Command Central with Latest fixes.
- Command Central, SPM, Integration Server, Universal Messaging and Designer should be running as an Administrator.
- A running Solution on Cloud Container with the any landscapes described below in this article.
How to Configure your Designer with Cloud Container in order to deploy Integrations:
- Provide Cloud Container Tenant details In Designer.
Under Windows->Preferences->Software AG -> Integration Cloud
Note: Integration Cloud is old name of Cloud Container. Which will be changed in Designer in upcoming Releases.
- Make sure that your Integration Server Instances and Universal Messaging instances are added to Command Central.
- In Designer
Under Windows->Show View->Other-> Software AG Command Central-> Landscape Navigator.
Add a Command Central Connection, Choose Command Central Location (URL or Installation Directory) and provide Credentials.
You should be able to see IS and UM configurations in Designer. When you drill down your installation.
How to Deploy:
- From Package Navigator: Select any IS Package or Integration Server Instance, right click you will get an option “Deploy To Cloud”. If you select “Include Runtime Configuration “while deploying, then you will get an option to choose configurations (after choosing appropriate Command Central).
- From Landscape Navigator: Or else you can use Landscape Navigator view to deploy Configurations.
- You Need to choose your solution subsequently i.e. where you want to deploy.
When a user login into webMethods Cloud Container and try to create a solution, first question that comes to his mind is which Landscape Model should be used for his solution. This document explains various criteria’s/situations via which one can easily decide on the Landscape.
Types of Landscape Models
- Synchronous API Led Integration- Customers can use Basic Integration Template with One Integration server Cluster (Optional - Stateful or Stateless) for Synchronous API Led Integration use cases.
- Service Bus- Customers can use ESB template with One Integration server (Cluster), One Universal Messaging Server for both Synchronous and Asynchronous use cases.
- Federated Bus Integration- Customers can use Federated Bus template with Two Integration servers (Clusters), One Universal Messaging Server for Federated Integrations i.e. Two different codebases running on two Integration Servers (clusters) connected via UM.
Lastly, Please find the Cross-Version Support Matrix below: