Webmethods 9.5 Installation, Server and MWS Troubleshooting

Hi All,

I installed the webMethods IS 9.5, MWS and few other components.

The Wmoptimize is unable to create a JMS connection.

Further I also want to configure Wmoptimize and WmPrt for running MWS.

I am able to start up the server from command prompt, but I see some failures in the server log as below:

WmOptimize: Startup service (wm.optimize.admin:startup)
2014-01-07 20:18:52 IST [OPT.0001.0001E] Error while creating connection.
Root cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: JMS Connection failed
at com.webMethods.optimize.management.Mapi.init(Mapi.java:179)
at com.webMethods.optimize.management.Mapi.(Mapi.java:90)
at pub.optimize.monitoring.createNewConnection(monitoring.java:586)
at pub.optimize.monitoring.createDefaultBrokerConnection(monitoring.java:1313)
at wm.optimize.admin.createDefaultBrokerConnection(admin.java:200)
at wm.optimize.admin.startup(admin.java:218)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:443)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:640)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:243)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.PipelineProcessor.process(PipelineProcessor.java:171)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:289)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:34)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:368)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:544)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:383)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:233)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:108)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:80)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(SessionInvoke.java:28)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:119)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

Startup service exited with the following error: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JMS Connection failed
WmRules: Startup service (wm.ruleservice:startup)

Can anyone please guide or provide suggestions on this. Do I need to install or configure anything else that I’m missing ? Or if any similar issue occured for previous versions how to tackle this?

Please let me know if any other info is required to rectify this.

Thanks!

WmOptimize requires a Broker Server to connect via JMS (Broker Server acts as a JMS Provider in the case).

After configuring the Broker Server, you can specify its location in the config of the WmOptimize-Package.

The WmOptimize-Package also requieres an Optimize-Installation.

See the SAG Documentation for Details.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I have the broker installed as well and provided broker configuration details at the time of installation.

Also, from the IS admin page checked the settings of WmOptimize as well WmMonitor package and have provided broker url details wherever needed.

One other thing in 9.5 is, in the WmPRT package for optimize settings where we provide JMS url (it used to be broker url in 8x versions)… this isn’t working for me…

not sure where I’m missing…

But I’ll recheck as you suggested.

Wm 9.5 is nowadays default installed to connect to UM instead of Broker for various things…
So you may need to repoint all UM connetion params in config files to point to Broker JMS since you dont have a UM

Hi Satyam,

Did you sorted this issue? we also updgraded to 9.5 & giving same errors.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Shaik

The Broker/JMS URL in the WmPRT Package is the same as in the WmOptimize-Package.

These settings are only neccessary when Optimize is really used.

Regards,
Holger

Meanwhile I am getting this error my self on wM 9.5 SP1.

After having installed 14 ISes in 3 different environments (each of them contaings 5 ISes), the fifteenth one gets this error.

I am puzzled why this happens as 4 other ISes could successfully connect to this BrokerServer (each IS has its own Broker in this BrokerServer, but not the last (fifth) one in this environment.

I already tried to uninstall and reinstall the affected IS, but this didnt help.

All ISes are installed from the same Install-Image and they are all configured the same way up to here.

No Patches/Fixes for the ISes are applied up to here.

Any Ideas?

Regards,
Holger

Addon:

here is the server–log extract for this:

2014-09-30 18:52:50 MEST [ISS.0028.0012I] WmPRT: Startup service (wm.prt.admin:startup)
2014-09-30 18:52:51 MEST [BPM.0101.1600W] Unable to get Optimize process data collector.  Tracking enabled models will not be logged to Optimize.
2014-09-30 18:52:51 MEST [BPM.0101.0002E] Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException
2014-09-30 18:52:51 MEST [BPM.0101.1601E] Exception trying to get Optimize process data collector: JMS Connection failed
2014-09-30 18:52:51 MEST [BPM.0101.0831W] Error creating PE internal JMS topic: [BRM.10.4042] JMS: Broker protocol error: 537
2014-09-30 18:52:51 MEST [BPM.0101.0832W] Error updating client group permissions: [BRM.10.4042] JMS: Broker protocol error: 537
2014-09-30 18:52:51 MEST [ISS.0028.0012I] WmOptimize: Startup service (wm.optimize.admin:startup)
2014-09-30 18:52:52 MEST [OPT.0001.0001E] Error while creating connection.
Root cause: java.lang.RuntimeException: JMS Connection failed
        at com.webmethods.optimize.management.Mapi.init(Mapi.java:179)
        at com.webmethods.optimize.management.Mapi.<init>(Mapi.java:90)
        at pub.optimize.monitoring.createNewConnection(monitoring.java:586)
        at pub.optimize.monitoring.createDefaultBrokerConnection(monitoring.java:1313)
        at wm.optimize.admin.createDefaultBrokerConnection(admin.java:200)
        at wm.optimize.admin.startup(admin.java:218)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:443)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:640)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:39)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:49)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:243)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.PipelineProcessor.process(PipelineProcessor.java:171)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:289)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:34)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:368)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:544)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:383)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:244)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:108)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:80)
        at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(SessionInvoke.java:28)
        at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:119)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

2014-09-30 18:52:52 MEST [ISS.0028.0013E] Startup service exited with the following error: com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException: java.lang.RuntimeException: JMS Connection failed

even after applying the patches/fixes this message is still occuring.

Regards,
Holger