webMethods 7.1.2 upgrade to 8.2

Hi,

I am upgrading wM 7.1.2 to 8.2 side - by -side. A fresh 8.2 installation and then migration of entire packages of 7.1.2 to 8.2.

Can some one help me in understanding, how to move packages from 7.1.2 IS to 8.2 IS.

Can i archive it in 7.1.2 IS and then install it in 8.2 (from replicate/inbound folder). Will it work.

Regards,
Mona

See below:

Can some one help me in understanding, how to move packages from 7.1.2 IS to 8.2 IS. → Use the WmDeployer tool comes with 712 or 822 install for moving all your custom packages ONLY

Can i archive it in 7.1.2 IS and then install it in 8.2 (from replicate/inbound folder). Will it work. → Deployer does the work you and no need of manually moving the packagesJust make sure your deployer tool is fully configured with source/target IS information before you start migrating the packages.

Regarding Broker storage/TN/MWS (data/runtime) processes you need to use migration utility provided by SAG…refer the upgrade steps documentation for more information:

HTH,
RMG

[QUOTE=rmg;87850]
See below:

Can some one help me in understanding, how to move packages from 7.1.2 IS to 8.2 IS. → Use the WmDeployer tool comes with 712 or 822 install for moving all your custom packages ONLY

[/QUOTE]

Even for moving custom IS packages, migration utility should be used. IS migration doesn’t just include packages, but it has ports, remote server aliases, proxies, schedulers, certificates, XRef etc., Usage of Deployer for moving packages across different versions of IS is not supported by SoftwareAG in case if you encounter any issue. Refer the upgrade steps documentation for more information.

-Senthil

Thanks RMG.

Senthil,This will work with out any issue you don’t need migration utility for just migrating in house custom developed packages and I personally didn’t faced any issues.

I agree with you on the other product specific artifacts/components listed above.

What do you mean by proxies?

HTH,
RMG