webMethods 61 to webMethods 65 Migration

Can we migrate from webMethods 61 to 65 with out applying 61 SP1 service pack ??

Note: Mark or Green, Sorry I posted this message in wrong section can this be moved to “Product Migration and Upgrades”.

We have just started talks with wM about doing the same thing (non-SP1 6.1 to 6.5) … We haven’t been told we have to go to SP1… But we have been told we will have to ‘stop off’ at 6.1.5 as wM only has scripts to take 6.1 to 6.1.5 and other scripts to take 6.1.5. to 6.5…

If anyone has any other info, please pass it on…

It does not affect all of the scripts but if you are migrating from 6.0.1 or 6.1 to 6.5 then some of the database components require you to migrate to 6.1.5 first then to 6.5.

It’s the process audit scripts that have the gap. The other db scripts have the specific versions ie 6.0.1 or 6.1. The process audit db scripts are now contained in a single batch app called oracle.sh/oracle.bat if you are using oracle. It’s a bit of a departure from the previous releases for installing database components. At any rate you will need to run the 6.1 to 6.1.5 oracle scripts first then run the oracle.bat or oracle.sh to do the actual upgrade to 6.5.

It’s only one or two extra scripts depending on your current version.

Thanks all for your replies. We are going with the approach of fresh install of 6.5 webMethods. Can we directly import all the packages we developed in 6.1 to 6.5 ?

In general, the answer to this is “yes”. You can import custom-developed IS 6.1 packages to IS 6.5.

However, you should carefully test your migrated packages, especially those that used any unpublished webMethods IS java classes.

If your IS 6.1 installation was using the IBM 1.3.1 JRE, you may also need to focus on all java services as the default JRE for 6.5 is the IBM 1.4.2 JRE.

HTH,

Mark

Just closing this out… wM tells us we do NOT have to go to SP1 in order to take our 6.1 implementation to 6.5 …

Crossing Fingers… :eek:

Not that I would second guess webMethods tech support. :wink: But there is not an option with the process audit script oracle.bat/sh to go from 6.1 to 6.5. It’s 6.1.5 to 6.5. If you are at 6.1.5 you are okay but if you are just at 6.1 you will have to run the migrate scripts to get to 6.1.5 for the process audit piece.

I pointed this out to their tech support back in December and their response was to migrate to 6.1.5 first then run the oracle.bat script.

Mark,

Yep… I was just closing what I thought was a loose end above…

wM did say we have to go from 6.1 to 6.1.5 then 6.1.5 to 6.5 … my point was to what ‘level’ of 6.1 did we need to start with… :slight_smile:

Ray

My reading comprehension was working exceptionally well that day. :slight_smile: