wat r the standards we have to follow while creating a canonical document

hi friends
i faced a Question in interview that is wat r the standards dat we have to follow while creating canonical doc.

he gave me an example like he wan to delere a 2 documents with variables
one doc contains a,b,c
other contains d,e,f

wat rhe standards dat we have to follow for this and how to declare.

Do a keyword search in this forum on “Canonical documents” there are threads discussed on the Canonical pros and cons etc…

BTW,Canonical docs (IS Documents) are nothing but generic proprietary documents which are internal to the company that interacts with Databases,ERP applications etc…When defining the canonicals keep in mind to define in a generic way with annotations so that most of the applications integrating could use the same variables/fields.

HTH,
RMG

U must spel thangs rite

I’m sure this wasn’t the intent, but this statement implies that canonical document types and IS document types are equivalent. They are not. A canonical document type may have an IS document type representation, but not all IS document types are canonical document types. In fact, very few IS document types will represent canonical document types.

My intention was to say Canonical Documents (IS Document types representation in webMethods/Developer that we create) and no confusion.

“very few IS document types will represent canonical document types”
I agree…and i didnt mean the other way.

HTH,
RMG