Validate entry against SQL Database

I am trying to validate an entry (which I manually input right now) against an oracle databse that I queried using a sql select. I need to check to make sure that entry exists in the table.

Hi Ryan,

can you describe your business case in detail please?

Your question is not quite clear to me.

Additionally provide wM version, JDBC Adapter version as well as database version.

Regards,
Holger

A user enters information into a webform and it needs to be validate (does it exist) in the database. Users cannot enter invalid information. Linking cloud applications to hosted databases.
wM 9.12
JDBC_9.0_Fix10
I honestly couldn’t tell you what the database version is.

Hi Ryan,

just try to insert the data into the database (use Connection based on Local_Transaction) for this.

when there is an issue with existing data the service should receive an exception (most likely some sort of unique key violation) and the transaction will be rolled back.
Hopefully the tables have been designed properly to support this.

Regards,
Holger

The database access is read only so it would create an error regardless. The values will not be added. I need to make sure that the values that are being typed in are valid. Think of it as a ledger that needs to know business unit and project number to charge. A user would type in a business unit and project number, if either entry does not exist, returns an error.
Is there a way to iterate through a database 1 row at a time? The database is 24,000 rows. I have it set up where it is validating off of the first row (Index 0) but even with a loop or repeat in place, only parses index 0

Hi Ryan,

what about doing a select for the values entered in the form against the database and check for result count.
0 means nothing was found, any positiv value means that there was at least one row found.

If this does not help please provide more informations about your implementation.

Regards,
Holger