Using the IIS plugin which comes with weblogic for proxying

I am currently evaluating Weblogic for hosting of J2EE Apps. My Application uses EJBs, JSPs and Servlets.
For webserver, I would want to use IIS6.0 to act as the internet facing webserver and forward all requests
to weblogic backend for serving everything, i.e, I would want to use IIS6.0 only for proxying and all my J2EE
components would be in the AppServer. I tried using the IIS plugin which comes with weblogic for proxying and
forwarding from IIS and following were the issues faced :

i) Without excluding .gif and .jpg in iisproxy.ini, the page is not displayed most of the times on hitting refresh.
It goes to an unresponsive state. Need to restart IIS and only after that the pages are served again.

ii) After excluding .gif and .jpg (and making the images available in IIS itself), its more stable but hitting
refresh(F5) on a frames pages causes issues. Not all frames gets refreshed and sometimes the IIS goes into an
unresponsive state. Need to restart IIS and only after that the pages are served.

During all these times, the backend is working properly and I could get the pages properly if I used the url
pointing to our backend.

Software details used in testing :

1. Weblogic 10.0
  2. IIS 5.1
  3. Win XP SP2

Configuration details of IIS Plugin :

1. registered iisproxy.dll for the following mime types .jsp, .htm, .html, .wlforward
  2. registered iisforward.dll as an isapi filter.
  3. iisproxy.ini, iisproxy.dll and iisforward.dll are all in the same folder (BeaInstallFolder\wlserver_10.0\server\plugin\win\32).
  4. iisproxy.ini attached.

Would like to know, whether the above observed issues is related to configuration/settings or is there any other
way to achieve our requirement of using webserver only as a proxying/forwarding server.

[b]Following are details of iisproxy.ini

This file contains initialization name/value pairs

for the IIS/WebLogic plug-in.

WebLogicHost=localhost
WebLogicPort=7001
ConnectTimeoutSecs=20
ConnectRetrySecs=5

WlForwardPath=/

WLExcludePathOrMimeType=.gif,.jpg

Debug=ON[/b]