using multiple adabas svc's under cics with Natural

Dear fan’s,

I have a customer evaluating CICS with Software AG products Adabas and Natural. Now I got the question ‘how to setup and use multiple Adabas SVC’s under CICS in conjunction with Natural under CICS’.
Before re-inventing the wheel I like to ask, if we have already a ‘cookbook’ out for this issue. But I am not
Talking about ‘installing mutliple Adabas SVC’s’. This is quite clear to the customer.

The point is the use of mutliple SVC’s under CICS. Compare to Complete this is not transparent. Under Complete we just can set a parameter.

questions:

1. what are the requirements in terms of modules ‘adabas’, ‘adatrue’, …
  2. what are the requirements in terms of natural setup?

Thanks in advance
With regards

Michael

ADABAS
You will probably have to create 2 ADABAS interface modules (default name is ADABAS). The SVC comes from the ADAGSET macro. So, you can create ADABAS (SVC 249, for example) and ADA250 (SVC 250). You will have to use different ADAGSET macros for each interface.

NATURAL
NATURAL has a parameter, ADANAME, that specifies the name of the ADABAS link routine. It can be specified in the NATPARM module and it can be supplied as a dynamic parameter.

Assuming that SVC 249 is your default SVC, to use SVC 250 you would simply start your NATURAL nucleus with ADANAME = ADA250.

ADABAS
You will probably have to create 2 ADABAS interface modules (default name is ADABAS). The SVC comes from the ADAGSET macro. So, you can create ADABAS (SVC 249, for example) and ADA250 (SVC 250). You will have to use different ADAGSET macros for each interface.

NATURAL
NATURAL has a parameter, ADANAME, that specifies the name of the ADABAS link routine. It can be specified in the NATPARM module and it can be supplied as a dynamic parameter.

Assuming that SVC 249 is your default SVC, to use SVC 250 you would simply start your NATURAL nucleus with ADANAME = ADA250.