User management

Hi,

we are developing an application which has about 1200 end users. We do not want to set all those users in MWS. please suggest em another way to do it?

Thanks
Gayathri

The MWS system directory isn’t meant to be used for large numbers of users. I’d recommend either managing those users in an LDAP directory server or place them into an RDBMS and use the MWS database directory service.

To learn more, please see the section: “Managing External Directory Services” in the Administering My webMethods Server.pdf

Regards,
–mark

Thanks for the reply Mark.

I have both the facilities, there is the LDAP system and in my database there is a table with the user names and network ID’s, is it possible to create a database directory service and get the users for that role, if yes could you please explain me the same?

Thanks
Gayathri

Ok, so do you already have your 1200 users in an RDBMS? Have you configured the RDBMS directory service? Do you have groups defined in your RDBMS? That will allow all the groups to show in MWS.

These groups should be sufficient for you, but if you really, really want to use roles, you can create static roles that have those groups as members, or you can create DB Query Roles.

Regards,
–mark

We do have a user table with Username, userid, phone number fields, we do not have groups set up in the RDBMS. is there any particular number of groups i should use, or can i use one group?

How many groups or roles do you think you’ll have? If you think you’ll have numerous groups or roles, You might want to create another table that lists all of your groups and identifies the contents of each group.

Hi I have created a directory service pointing an sql db.It has a table named users with fields UserId,GoupName and Password.Now I have defined all the User attributes to UserId and GroupAttributes to GroupName.
Now in the Query Lookup User By ID (required) I have gvien the query select * from USERs where USERID=‘{uid}’.
For this I am getting an error "

[POP.012.0006.wm_xt_dbdirsvc] An error occured executing the SQL query: “select * from USERMEMBERSHIP where USERID=‘{uid}’”. Please type a valid query and try again."

Can any body please help…!!