User authentication happening at IS admin first

Hi All,

Please help me in fixing LDAP configuration issue that we are facing in web application that is deployed in webMethods 7.1.2 server(Tomcat).

My requirement is to authentication user against LDAP server directly, but it is forcing
to login to IS admin first.
The same web application when deployed in local Tomcat server authenticates successfully with same LDAP server.
Please help me to resolve this issue & suggest if any thing I am missing here. :?

Regards,
Datta

Hi All,

Please help me if I am missing some thing here !!
We have the below fixes installed
IS_7.1.2_SrvPrtcl_Fix19
IS_7.1.2_PubSub_Fix7
IS_7.1.2_Core_Fix24
IS_7.1.2_WebSvcsXML_Fix18
IS_7.1.2_Flow_Fix7
IS_7.1.2_PkgMgmt_Fix4
IS_7.1.2_Core_Fix26
IS_7.1.2_Core_Fix36
IS_7.1.2_Core_Fix37

Regards,
Datta

Satish,

Check the section called “Securing the web application” in the web applications developers guide. You probably need to open up the default security settings a bit.

– Tim

Hi Tim,

Found that section and I found the below lines on Pg no 44

In my application we have LDAP configured so as per the above notes from doc we have not set anything as such. Is my understanding correct? If so, why IS is prompting for user/pwd?

Regards,
Datta

The default is to authenticate against the IS. If you want something else you need to modify the deployment descriptor file as mentioned in the doc. Not totally clear on your scenario (do you want to use IS LDAP auth or your own LDAP auth?).

Hi Tim,

I want my web application deployed in IS to be authentication against LDAP configured in web application and not IS.
Hope it clarifies.

Regards,
Satish

Hi Tim/All,

Please help me with this web application set up issue.

Regards,
Datta

Hi All,

Please help me in fixing this issue.

Regards,
Datta