Usage of getArchiveInfo and Archival Schema

Hi All,

Greetings. I have doubt on Usage of pub.monitor.archive:getArchiveInfo service. We have actually set up archive schema as usual and I am trying to run archival using the built in monitor services(I tried it in MWS too). I got the output as “Documents have been successfully deleted from ISCoreAudit tables.”

So, since i don’t have direct access on Archive DB, i tried to execute getArchiveInfo service, but observed nothing changed(COUNTROWS Field) before and after the archival.
Am I missing something? It should reduce actually right.

Second question is the necessity of Archive schema. Can we use the same archival data, if Core data crashes? AFAIK its not possible. In Monitor Users Guide its mentioned as “However, if you archive the data, you can still query the Archive database component using SQL statements.” How that’s useful in real disaster recovery scenarios?

Appreciate any inputs.

Thanks,
Niteesh

Have you done these step and assuming you already created all tables for source/target archive schema

By default the store procs gets installed when you install archive as a separate schema, then you need to give the privilege for archive user to have select ,update ,delete privilege to your source core audit schema.

GRANT CREATE VIEW TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE TABLE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT ALTER SESSION TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE CLUSTER TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE SESSION TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE SYNONYM TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE SEQUENCE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE DATABASE LINK TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE TYPE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE TABLE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE CLUSTER TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE TRIGGER TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE OPERATOR TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE SEQUENCE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE INDEXTYPE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO ARCHIVE;
GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.DBMS_ALERT TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.DBMS_JOB TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE ON SYS.UTL_SMTP TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE on SYS.DBMS_METADATA TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE on SYS.DBMS_OUTPUT TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE on SYS.DBMS_LOB TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE on SYS.PLITBLM TO ARCHIVE; GRANT EXECUTE on SYS.DBMS_UTILITY TO ARCHIVE; GRANT SELECT ON V_$PARAMETER TO ARCHIVE; GRANT SELECT ON V_$DATABASE TO ARCHIVE; GRANT SELECT ON DBA_USERS TO ARCHIVE; GRANT SELECT ON ALL_TRIGGERS TO ARCHIVE;

you also need to set OPERATION_PARAMETER table in the archiveschema.
Invoke pub.monitor.archive:setOperationParameters service and configure PROCESSAUDIT_DBLINK = DB hostname ISCOREAUDIT_DBLINK = DB hostname PROCESS_SCHEMA = schema name ISCORE_SCHEMA = schema name

Yes, I have created archival schema and tables as you mentioned. But as a recommended practice I am trying to do archive/delete via monitor services(Tried to delete first). But even after i got the success msg, when i checked the getArchiveInfo, the numbers are same. Is the service effective for only archival and not delete process? Bit confused here, do we need to set Operation parameters before running delete services?

Thanks,
Niteesh

Bit confused here, do we need to set Operation parameters before running delete services?

Yes for both archive or delete one should set it to make it working.

Hi,

As you mentioned i executed set Operation parameters service first with giving inputs for Document Deletion (No of days to retain, action etc). Output was successful and in MWS logs also its showing. But getArchiveInfo service Document Count did not change after deletion. So is there any way to verify other than directly accessing Database(Through MWS service Audit i checked for old services, its not showing after deletion as expected).

-Niteesh

No that I am aware of…but DB check is the best bet or contact SAG support for any direction: