URL for SQL 2000 DB Connection point to instance

Hi there. I need to connect to a specific instance of SQL Server on a host and have run into problems setting up the DB URL in Workflow. Here’s the scoop:
I run Workflow configurator. I have done this MANY times but this is the first time I have needed to use a specific SQL Server instance within a Host. For example, the host server is called:
SQLHOST
On this host are two instances: SQL7INSTANCE and SQL2000INSTANCE
Our webMethods databases were created on the SQL2000INSTANCE. I have created all of my connection pools and they work fine. Here’s the db url I have used in my audit connection pool:
jdbc:sqlserver://SQLHOST\SQL2000INSTANCE:1433;databaseName=wmaudit;SelectMethod=cursor
Notice how I used the Host name and instance name separated by a backslash.
In the Workflow configurator the db url format I use in my connection pools works fine for the Workflow monitor db, but when I try to use the url for the main Workflow db I run into problems. The first problem is a Java exception due to the backslash between “SQLHOST” and “SQL2000INSTANCE”.
The error is “illegal escape character”. To fix this problem I use a double slash. Using the double slash gets me around the first problem but results in another problem: the connection cannot be established due to the double slashes in the db url. As you can see this is a catch 22 situation. The double slashes get me past the first problem but cause me another problem.

Has anyone had to point to a specific MS SQL instance on a host for Workflow ? If so how did you do it? Is there any way around using the backslash in the db url ?

Regards,

Wayne

Hi. This turned out to be a bug. I reported it to webMethods and the Workflow team turned around a fix in a few hours.
I was able to complete my Workflow server configuration. Thanks webMethods Workflow Team !

If you want the fix (WF_6-0-1_FIX16), go to webMethods Advantage and get the fix under: Knowledge Base, Known Issues and Fixes, Workflow 6.0.1.

Regards,

Wayne