URGENT HELP NEEDEDRMG

Hi experts,
If we are sending multiple EDI document samples at once to TN it is recognizing each document seperately and processing it.Is this the same with flat files ?For example if i test sending a 850 edi documents “ISA…IEA ISA…IEA ISA…IEA” Trading networks recognizes it as three 850 documents and processing them.is this case same for Flat files also?.Thanks

Saritha

Its not case with FlatFiles.

Actually EDI files will be shown in TN Analysis based on if EDI docs arrives multiple ISA then you will see multiple X12Envelope,if multiple GS then you will see multiple X12Group,if multiple ST then you will see multiple X12 transaction sets.

HTH,
RMG.

If thats the case how do i solve the problem.i.e where should i seperate the different flat files and how.Thanks in advance

saritha

FlatFiles not behaves like EDI.So ignore the above if you are routing FlatFiles to TN.

The reason EDI files get split is because the EDI module is integrated into TN. The EDI module recognizes multiple interchange envelopes and processes them according to configuration.

For flat files, there is no such facility–how would the facility know where to split the file? If you need this type of functionality you can:

• Submit the FF to TN
  • Have a rule for the original file to invoke a “splitFile” service
  • This service would split the file as desired and submit each chunk to TN–these individual parts need to be identifiable as different document types or else the service needs to know how to handle both composite and simple files.

Hope this helps.

Saritha,

Hope the above clarifies you.

Have a nice weekend.

Thanks Rob and RMG

RMG and Rob,
Please tell me generally how multiple flat files are handled.Thnaks

saritha

In general you have to split the flatfiles based on the roottag and route to TN seperately.There is no automatic way of splitting like EDI Envelopes,Groups,transactionsets.

“multiple flat files”,Elaborate more on your requirement and what you are trying to do and did as of now.

HTH,
RMG

i have a mapping service that will take a flat file as a input.what if multiple flatfiles comes as input? the mapping service will be invoked from TN. Do i need to change my FF Schema? plz help

saritha

In the FFSchema set the RecordDefinition in the properies panel set maxRepeat to "unlimited"and create a doctype from it which will show the document as docList and use the same doclist as the input of the service.So once the TN process flatfile(has multiple recorddefinitions) to a service (bizdoc)parse the content and convertToValues ffValues will create multiple doclists(per each flatfile).

HTH,
RMG.

Thanks