Uploading filesVersion Control

Hi all,

I’m experimenting with the least painful way to version control webMethods resources, but I’m stuck on one point: Is there a way to upload a file (or set of files) from a local drive to the IS (in my case a Unix server) using Developer?

I’ve created a Visual Source Safe respository for my services on a network drive and checked out a flow folder to a local drive, but I don’t see any way to get these files uploaded to the IS without going outside Developer. Has anyone else found a way to upload files using Developer?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

Has anyone else found a way to upload files using Developer?

I believe there is no way to do using Developer console unless if you want to Read and process the file then it needs to be placed in the Integrationserver file system and use the (pub.file:getFile) Service.

HTH.

Currently, there isn’t an API built into the developer to access third party version control products.

Sounds like a good project for the community to build and distribute.

> Has anyone else found a way to upload files using
> Developer?

Well, you can restore a pipeline from developer:
File/Restore Pipeline/Locally

A service that takes this pipeline and persists it to an file on the IS server might be what you want, no?

Cant advise.
My current practise is still deploy my package over, and then manually map them back at the dev server.