Upgrading from TN451 to TN46

Hi,

How can I upgrade our TNServer from 4.5.1 to 4.6 version?

Thanks,
Faith

There is information about this in the wm intallation guide v4.6 - page 181.
Be careful becoz this involves updating database tables.
Thanks

Thanks…yeah you’re right, I find it hard to upgrade the TN…I am having error and I followed the steps already…but it is still not successful…

I am having error message that says “Error filling BizDocTypeStore Cache”…

any idea what is this?

Are you able to connect to the TN console and edit a profile now? If you have errors doing all the operations, the database tables might have got corrupted. I have my development environment messed up trying to upgrade it.

How does TN look in webMethods version 6?

Try doing all the operations from the TNConsole.

i am not successful opening the TNConsole…it is giving me error that says TNConsole is 4.6 but the TNserver is 4.5.1…but I already upgrade the server…

This would seem to indicate that the server/database upgrade is incomplete. There are command-line steps to update the database. Did you go through those steps?

You should still be able to open the TNConsole 4.5.1 and connect it.
There is a property file under wmserver/packages/WmTN/config
tn.ping.compatibleWith=4.0,4.0.1,4.6.
You can add the 4.6 here and that should let you connect. May be you might have to restart the server too.

Still this wont solve your problems. I would suggest you do a database recovery and try to reinstall the 4.6 version.
Thanks

Let me list my problem here.

When I try to make any change to the profile (or for that matter, processing rule or document type), I get the following error.

Profile Data Error

(1) Following errors occurred during updating profile, no change made on server

(2) Unable to validate the profile because the “PROFVAL_stdFields” Document Type has been disabled. Please enable the “PROFVAL_stdFields” Document Type.

I searched the database tables for the PROFVAL_stdFields and there is no variable by that name.
Thx

Rob, yes I did, I ran the TNmigrate script for oracle.

What happened is I did upgrate the TN Server (Unix and Windows) and I upgrade also the TNConsole installed on Windows. So If I open the TNConsole referencing the remote host, I got error that says TNserver is 4.5.1 and TNConsole is 4.6…but I did upgrade the TNServer too…And when I upgrade my TNConsole in Windows, it created a new icon, so now…I have too icon which is TN4.5 and webMethods TN Console (4.6)…I don’t understand, it supposed to overwrite the TN4.5 …

Anyway, I backup everything and installed webMethods IS again install TNServer451. But then, the problem is still the same, I’m getting the same error “Error Filling BizDocType Cache”…I asked the database person to recreate the tables again and I will see what happen…

VR,

You can try look at your Document Type…click on Show All button to see all the Document Type (Enable/Disable).

Faith

Does anybody knows what this error means?

2003-01-21 16:32:57 com.wm.app.tn.err.EXMLException:
TRNSERV.000019.000041
Error filling BizDocTypeStore cache

java.lang.ClassCastException 
  com.wm.data.BasicIDataCodable 
  java.lang.ClassCastException: com.wm.data.BasicIDataCodable 

at com.wm.app.tn.db.BDTypeOperations.bytesToType(BDTypeOperations.java:197)
at com.wm.app.tn.db.BDTypeOperations.getAll(BDTypeOperations.java:55)
at com.wm.app.tn.db.BizDocTypeStore.fillCache(BizDocTypeStore.java:45)
at wm.tn.doctype.init(doctype.java:46)
at wm.tn.admin.startup(admin.java:523)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:281)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:688)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:480)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:437)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(Session.java:620)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(C:/NT/Perforce/basis/4.1.0-terra/module/core/source/com/wm/util/pool/PooledThread.java:103)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

at com.wm.app.tn.err.EXMLException.fromResource(EXMLException.java:42)
at wm.tn.doctype.init(doctype.java:58)
at wm.tn.admin.startup(admin.java:523)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:437)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.SessionInvoke.run(Session.java:620)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(C:/NT/Perforce/basis/4.1.0-terra/module/core/source/com/wm/util/pool/PooledThread.java:103)

Faith,
There is no document type as “PROFVAL_stdFields”. This is a webMethods TN internal variable. I guess this error is becoz when I migrated to version 4.6, one of the database tables got corrupted.

I guess the error you are getting is becoz of the same reason. I would suggest you rollback the changes you made and try to redo the migration very carefully and if possible with the help of wm support.
Thanks and best of luck

VR,

Whenever I recreate the database for wM, I always ran or import the “init.xml” under TNConsole4/config directory. There you will see that DocType (“PROFVAL_stdFields”, etc). I believe this is required when recreating the tables again. You can view that file anyway.

For my error, I am trying to recreate the table again and start wM and see if I am getting the same error again, if yes, I guess rollback to previous version.

Thanks,

Did you change the setting for the console in the server.cnf file?

You mean in WmTN/config/properties.cnf? Yes I did…

tn.ping.compatibleWith=4.0,4.0.1,4.5,4.5.1,4.6

If you tell the installer that you are using the built-in Trading Networks database, the
installer detects the database. The installer asks whether you want to use the existing
database or replace the existing database with a new instance. Click Current to indicate
that you want to keep the existing database.

===> Did you follow the above rule?

VR,

thanks for you help…I was able to upgrade now…and database is working fine now…but I got one more problem, it says in documentation that there is a separate license key for TNServer4.6. I have the license key already and update the Admin Console->Licensing and then restart the server. when I tried to create a new Profile, it gave me error that says I need a special license key…

2003-01-21 19:09:44 EST [B2BUNKW.TRANET.9998] Exception => webMethods Trading Networks requires a special license key. Please contact webMethods to get a Trading Networks key. Until you do so, you will be limited to the creation of one profile in addition to your own.

com.wm.app.tn.profile.ProfileStoreException: webMethods Trading Networks requires a special license key. Please contact webMethods to get a Trading Networks key. Until you do so, you will be limited to the creation of one profile in addition to your own.

at com.wm.app.tn.profile.ProfileStore.addProfile(ProfileStore.java:851)  
    at wm.tn.profile.addProfile(profile.java:396)  
    at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPInvokeHandler.process(HTTPInvokeHandler.java:168)  
    at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.run(HTTPDispatch.java:457)  

2003-01-21 19:09:44 EST [B2BUNKW.TRANET.1855] Service invoke: wm.tn.security:setSecurity [TRNSERV.000025.000118]

Did I missed doing any steps?

Thanks for your help.

What was wrong with the setup earlier?
And about the new problem, can you take a look at the properties file in the packages/wmTN again?

Becoz I upgraded the same way and as you suggested earlier I imported the init file and my TN is working like a dream!

So, Thank you and hope you get there asap!

The reasons for my errors before regarding database, is because it is not in TN4.6 format, I missed some steps like running the Mig45x_ORA.sql and PreMig45x_ORA.sql. I jumped to TNMigrate45_to_46.sh already without running those two sql scripts.

this is what I have in my WmTN/config/properties.cnf file:

tn.webmgr.46config=true
tn.oem.upgrade.msg=This software is licensed by webMethods to many OEM software
vendors.\n\nTo upgrade to a fully compatible, full-featured version of this soft
ware or to upgrade the number of partner connections supported by your license,
please contact your sales representative for the OEM solution vendor.\n\nIf your
OEM vendor is not a webMethods resell partner, you may contact webMethods Sales
directly by visiting our website at www.webmethods.com.
tn.mail.from=tn@webmethods.com