Upgrade Current 32 Bit install to 64 Bit

Hi there experts,

We have a 7.1.2 IS installed on a Solaris Machine using a 32bit JVM.
We would like to upgrade it to 64 bit.
I know we need to install a 64 bit JVM and then point the configs to use the new 64 bit JVM. Also need to enable the 64 bit flag in server.sh script.

What else do we need to make sure when we upgrade?
The Oracle JDBC Driver?
Any thing else experts?
Has anyone done this before? How was your experience? Any post upgrade issues?

Your help and advice is very much appreciated

-Scoobydo0o0o0o0

Well that’s pretty much it, did it some time back on windows machine.

JDBC driver should be fine… no cautions there, but if you are using the java cryptography i.e. for encryption/decryption be aware that you will need new policy files/jar files to accomodate the key-length change.

No we are not doing any cryptography.

So just a simple JVM 64 Bit install point and re-config parameters to 64 bit in server.sh & other files??..wow !

:slight_smile:

my two cents, Go to SoftwareAG\Developer\bin and edit the developer.bat to point to the new JVM.

Also, I would say recompile all the java services and see if there are any surprises.

Cheers,
Akshith

Hi,
Could you please help me it’s urgently ,I got following errors while creating JDBC connection .
Problem ?
Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource adapterConnecion:muraliConnection.
[ART.118.5063] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to start connection adapterConnecion:muraliConnection: after 1 attempt(s).
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource”.
Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection

Transaction Type : NO_TRANSICATION
Data source class: oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDatasource
Server name : full computer name (satya-238b825ee)
User name :scott
Password : tiger
Database name : satya
Port no :1521
Net work Protocol :tcp
Other properties DriverType=thin.

Please post the queries in one thread, don’t duplicate the threads.:wink:

Thanks!

We just changed the IS to Java 6 in order to increase the runtime memory above 4 GB. So far we haven’t experienced any issues and both webMethods consultant and support have gave us the go ahead.

The one pitfall I should make you aware of is in the IS_HOME/bin/server.sh you need to append JAVA_MEMSET with

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.