UnknownServiceException

Hello,

We are running TN and IS 4.6.

Intermittenly, 2-3 times a week we receive the following error when sending messages to trading partner. The service works 90% of the time and I have been unable to determine why we receive “UnknownService…” intermittenly. Any thoughts are appreciated.

The original error was com.wm.app.b2b.server.UnknownServiceException: [B2BSERV.0026.9201] Unknown service: CovHub:sendCovXML
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.util.LocalizedException.(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServerException.(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.UnknownServiceException.(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Service.doInvoke(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Service.doInvoke(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.tn.route.RoutingActions.invokeWrapper(Compiled Code)
at com.wm.app.tn.route.RoutingActions.invoke(Compiled Code)
at wm.tn.route.route(Compiled Code)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at java.lang.refl

Thanks.

Unaware of the circumstances surrounding your error, I would say that possibly the service you are trying to execute did not get loaded properly. Do you reboot the server every day? Does this only occur on the first try after a server restart? Check your server.log file when the server starts. Sometimes services will not get loaded, but that does not prevent the server from coming up.
An additional possibility may be that you have registered this as a delivery service with TN. If so, check to see that there is a valid session established when this service kicks off or when it is supposed to. If you check the activity log in TN you should see the userid associated with each entry. We have had problems with delivery services when a valid authenticated session cannot be established. However, from memory, I don’t think this was the message.
Short of that, try upping your logging to see what falls out when this scenario occurs.

I saw some similar intermittent issues on a TN and server and was able to resolve this by applying a Fix. You may want to contact Technical Services to see if they might suggest a fix.