Units issue data points graph widget / ThinEdge / data point libary

Hi,

we have the issue with our ThinEdge devices that the data points graph widget does not show the manual or by the data point libary configured units. We send the measurements (multi type) with ThinEdge mapper without any units and configure the units usually by the data point libary.

While the dashboards are loading and no data is loaded in the widgets the units are still shown.

As soon as the data is loaded the configured units disappear and are overwritten with nothing.

Also by unlinking the template and configuring the unit manually we can see already by the blue background that it is not possible to save the unit.

Other widgets we use don’t have this issue. Check the info gauge in comparison.

Is this a known issue? Does anybody know the reason for it or has a possible solution? We are already thinking about using a community data points graph widget or programming one.

Edit: We did further tests and the problem occurs as soon as we use multi type measurements without units. So it is not directly an issue about ThinEdge. But as far as I know ThinEdge mapper does not support sending units. Or did this change?

Regards,
Hendrik

Hi @Hendrik.Sandkotter ,

thanks for providing the feedback.
There seems to be an issue in the implementation of the data points graph, which prefers the undefined unit of your measurements over the one that was manually configured. A similar issue was raised via support already.
If the ticket from support was also raised by you, please only report these issues in one system (the support system would be preferred over this forum).

We will provide a fix for this.

Regards,
Tristan

2 Likes

But as far as I know ThinEdge mapper does not support sending units. Or did this change?

Yes currently (as of 1.0.1) thin-edge.io does not support sending units along with measurements (initially this was decided to reduce the amount of data being sent back to the backend), however we realise that in some situations it would be useful, so we do plan to implement this feature. We have an open ticket here tracking the issue: Allow units via thin-edge json · Issue #982 · thin-edge/thin-edge.io · GitHub.

1 Like

Hi Tristan,

yes I raised the support incident SI-558229. I will only use one system in future :wink:

@Reuben_Miller2 thx for the info! Looking forward to meet you again at the IUG in April!

Regards,
Hendrik

Hi @Hendrik.Sandkotter,

just as a quick update, this has been fixed in the following versions of the UI: 1018.503.70, 1019.13.2, 1018.0.245, 1017.0.486
You will probably also get an update soon via the support channel.

Regards,
Tristan

2 Likes