UNEDIFACT 96B CUSDEC document failure

Hi all,
This is regarding the schema validation failure of the 96B CUSDEC document. The trading partner sends a 96B CUSDEC document. In the CUSDEC document there are two CST segments in the same hierarchy.
One is a single document UNH/CST and other one is a document list UNH/CST.

So, both are not mandatory. In my case the partner sends the CST document list and there is no single CST document. But the schema validation fails with the error path and error message as
Error path name: /UNH/CST
Error message: [ISC.0082.9028] Dimension mismatch, Single item expected

Can any body help me on this?

Kind regards,
Krithiga.

. In the CUSDEC document there are two CST segments in the same hierarchy

How come 2 CST segments in the CUSDES document under same UNH level? Is that per the standard and schema did you check in any tool (EDIFECS) or TP guideline?

HTH,
RMG

Hi RMG,
But am sorry that am not aware of the tool that you mentioned or the TP guideline…
Can you tell me where should i check exactly…
Also, i saw it in the EDIFFSchema.UNEDIFACT.V96B:TCUSDEC in the WmEDIforTN package.

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Krithiga.

Hi RMG,
Also, here is the link which i googled.

[URL]http://www.stylusstudio.com/EDIFACT/D96B/CUSDEC.htm[/URL]

You can refer 4.3 Message Structure.

Thanks,
Kriths.

Hi Krithiga,

1. Copy the CUSDEC schema into your package.
  2. Open the schema and remove the dictionary reference for “CST” segment in both places.
  3. Select the first CST segment and go to properties give Alternate name field value to “CST1”
  4. like goto second CST segment and goto propeties give Alternate name field value to “CST2”
  5. Now you can validate/parse with this schema for your incoming document

From there you can map to other target structure.

Hope this helps.

We have done the same work around for EDIFACT Invoice 911 which has 2 TAX segment in the same Hierarchy level.

Thanks
Arul ChristhuRaj

Hi Arulchristhuraj,
Thanks for the information.
But do you want me actually delete the CST segments first and create it as a new field definition.
I dont understand how exactly can we remove the dictionary reference for the CST segments alone.

Can you advice.
Thanks,
Kriths.

Yes.

1. Create a Record definition with the name “CST”
  2. and copy the other child structure from existing CST segment and copy into new one. (this can be a field reference from dictionary, that would be fine.)
  3. delete the existing (old) CST segment
  4. Now you change alternate name mentiond above.

It sounds you have to do custom schema work around its worth it.yes i did noticed similar issue with TAX segment earlier.Please follow arul’s advice above and test it.

HTH,
RMg