Unable to set Master Database in Replication database

i m trying to replicate in another machine. I have already set the XTS for both machines and i have already added the replication database in the master database 's list of replication databases . The problem appears when i try to set in the replication database the master database. The following error occurs: Database is not active or is not a master database INOAAE0668 Database cannot be set as replication database :? However, the masterdatabase is online, and in the same XTS environment. Any ideas??? Im using Tamino 4.2.1 in 2 servers with Windows XP Thanks in advance Facundo

Hi, note that the master database must be online, and the replication database must not be started before it is declared as replicate

Hi Thanks for the reply, but in my case i created the replication database from a backup and im sure i´ve never started before declarating it as replicate Greetings Facundo

Hi, there should be another message before or after the Unable to set Master Database in Replication database" could you please post this? regards Harald

The following messages are displayed when i try Set Type to replication in the replication database: Set type to replication database without simultaneous query INOAAI0796 May 12, 2005 1:12:40 PM Master database set to ‘welcome_4_2_1’ INOAAI0051 May 12, 2005 1:12:40 PM Database ‘welcome_4_2_1’ is not active or is not a master database INOAAE0668 May 12, 2005 1:12:40 PM Database ‘welcome_back’ cannot be set as replication database INOAAE0665 May 12, 2005 1:12:40 PM

Hi, Did you use a backup created by yourself or the initial backup of the welcome database ? An inital backup must not be used for creating a replication database. Regards, Heinz

Hi, thanks for the advice but I created my own backup before creating the database. Regards

Hi, some other idea what could be wrong is that the master database name or the replication database name was entered with lower case letters but the name used when creating it was in uppercase letters or vice versa. If this is not the error, then it is hard to say what could be wrong. Then the best thing you can do is repeating all you have done step by step keeping all the job logs and sending this information to you local support. Regards, Heinz

Hi, I got the same issue when tried to set replication type. My case is little complicated as a firewall between master and slave, do you have any more suggestions about it? Thank you in advance! Eric