Unable to Search Rule List in MWS

Hi Rajiv,

it is recommended that each environment should have its own optimize installation.

If SAML is initiated by one of the servers it is not recognized by the others as they do not know about the SAML-Artifact.

In my project we have 5 IS in each region and each of them has its own optimize installation and its own broker for optimize. The 5 Broker for optimize are host by one shared broker server.

We have a second broker server for business data, which is also serving as a JMS Provider.
This one is secured with SSL Authentication and Encryption.

The Optimize broker server is not secured as there are still some parts which are not yet able to connect to secured Broker Server, i.e. the Designer 9.5.

Regards,
Holger

Thanks for your suggestion

We do have brokers connected to each region and shared by broker server

Looking at my scenario what do think was incorrectly configured or which component need to reinstalled or do i have only last option left to have new Optimizer to be installed for each region?

Hi Rajiv,

each region should have its own set of installations (Broker, IS, MWS, Optimize).

As long as it is only Optimize for Infrastructure, one Optimize installation per region should suffice.

But as it comes to Optimize for Process each IS needs his own Optimize installation requiring a dedicated Broker (see my previous post).
One Optimize Installation can only handle one ProcessAudit Database schema.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Agreed,

My doubts is if i have 3 regions which have its own set of installations (Broker, IS, MWS, except Optimize is shared).
where as I tried to bring 2 regions down and kept 1 region active then why still i am getting SAML connection issue.

1. DEV MWS – Active
    → 1st I started this Server and get {still says SAML exception} whereas AE host:ports are same and show not connected
  2. DEV2 MWS – Down
    → then I started this Server get {whereas AE host:ports are same and show not connected
  3. IST MWS --Down
    → then I started this Server get {whereas AE host:ports are same and show connected

Full MWS logs

Caused by: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server: com.webMethods.caf.wsserver.auth.saml.SAMLBindException: SAML bind exception: SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped: Connection refused: connect) )
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.getCompatibleException(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:493)
at com.webMethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.invoke(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:255)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy103.getAlerts(Unknown Source)
… 137 more
2015-08-31 08:17:01 CDT (jsf:INFO) [RID:96] - Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{RuleListSearchBarDefaultviewView.fieldNames}”: Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{RuleListSearchBarDefaultviewView.fieldNames}”
2015-08-31 08:17:02 CDT (Framework:WARN) [RID:96] - Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{RuleListSearchBarDefaultviewView.fieldNames}”
javax.el.ELException: com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.ContentProviderException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at javax.el.BeanELResolver.getValue(BeanELResolver.java:368)
at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver._getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:176)
at com.sun.faces.el.DemuxCompositeELResolver.getValue(DemuxCompositeELResolver.java:203)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:138)
at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:183)
at com.sun.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:224)

Caused by: electric.util.WrappedException: SOAPException( Server: com.webmethods.caf.wsserver.auth.saml.SAMLBindException: SAML bind exception: SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped: Connection refused: connect) )
    at com.webmethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.getCompatibleException(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:493)
    at com.webmethods.caf.wsclient.proxy.impl.WSClientDynamicProxy.invoke(WSClientDynamicProxy.java:255)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy103.getAlerts(Unknown Source)
    ... 136 more

2015-08-31 08:17:05 CDT (jsf:INFO) [RID:96] - Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{RuleListSearchBarDefaultviewView.fieldNames}”: Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{RuleListSearchBarDefaultviewView.fieldNames}”
2015-08-31 08:17:06 CDT (jsf:INFO) [RID:96] - com.webMethods.caf.wsserver.auth.saml.SAMLBindException: SAML bind exception: SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped: Connection refused: connect): SOAPException( Server: com.webMethods.caf.wsserver.auth.saml.SAMLBindException: SAML bind exception: SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped: Connection refused: connect) )
2015-08-31 08:17:07 CDT (jsf:INFO) [RID:96] - com.webMethods.caf.wsserver.auth.saml.SAMLBindException: SAML bind exception: SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped: Connection refused: connect): SOAPException( Server: com.webMethods.caf.wsserver.auth.saml.SAMLBindException: SAML bind exception: SAMLSOAPBinding.send() caught an I/O exception (wrapped: Connection refused: connect) )

Hi Rajiv,

sounds like some network basic layer error.

Means the the MWS is not able to reach the IS (or vice versa) to retrieve the SAML-Token.

Still a little bit confused about your use case/scenario for sharing one optimize between 3 different environments.
This will be a little bit cumbersome or will mess up your optimize db schema if not configured in the right way (if there is such way?).

Once more the request:
Can you describe your installations and there connections in a graphical diagram please as this might help us to find the point of interconnection failure more easily.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I agreed that we as per SAG it’s recommended that to have optimizer for each regions but currently my requirement is to bring back my DEV MWS connectivity with optimizer which is getting failed with SAML exception and while same optimizer is getting connected to my IST MWS.

We don’t need separate optimizer in lower region as it can be manageable but i want to resolve/restore my DEV MWS connectivity with existing optimizer

Find the attached picture diagram for your reference

HI Rajiv,

I have to apologize but the diagram does not make it clearer for me.

Can you share the Environment Config (Define Environments) from both MWS (no IPs/hostnames, but ports will be helpful)?

Were both environments deployed to the optimize at least once?
If not it might be that the MWS whose environment was not deployed is not able to operate with the optimize environment.

Are you sure that the MWS host is able to connect to the optimize AE port?

I have never used such a scenario by connecting two MWS to one Optimize, only vice versa (Connecting one MWS to several Optimize Environments.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

sorry for delay in response.

I didn’t change AE port, it’s still the same default 12503
I have redeployed define environment again and restarted AE engine and then restarted MWS DEV Env but issue still exist. Find the DEV Env IS+MWS with Optimizer configuration details for your reference.

Currently my requirement is to connect AE # 12503 only to DEV Env, if it’s not able to connect to DEV2 and IST Envs it will be okay and even i don’t want my optimizer connect to dev/dev2/ist, i need connectivity only in DEV Env

Let me know if you need more information.

Hi Rajiv,

can you try to remove the AE settings for the two environments which do not need to connect to optimze?

Additionally try to connect to the mentioned URLs by browser directly and see what happens.
You should get either error message that port is not available or some http eror codes that operation is not allowed.

Is there anything in the logs of AE (optimize/analysis/logs) noteworthy?

Regards,
Holger

sorry for delay as i m comment less :frowning: Issue was resolved by itself :frowning:

Hi Rajiv,

can you explain what do you mean with “resolved by itself”?

Regards,
Holger