Unable to enable the JDBC connection to informix with NO_TRA

Hi,

I have JDBC adapter 6.0.3 installed on IS 6.1.
I am trying to connect to informix database.

I am able to connect with Transaction Type=XA_TRANSACTION and DataSource Class=com.informix.jdbcx.IfxXADataSource.

But when I make a connection with Transaction Type=NO_TRANSACTION and DataSource Class=com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource,and enable it, I get the error listed below:

Error encountered
[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource OUK_CM_MERLIN_JDBC.Connection:connBillReformat.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource”.
System or internal error javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory]

The IS has the fixes listed below:
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix54
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix59
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix60
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix63
IS_6-1_SP1_Fix64
IS_6-1_SP1
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix34
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix30
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix32
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix26
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix25
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix24
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix18
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix6
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix7
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix15
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix2
IS_6-1_FP2_Fix1
IS_6-1_FP2

The other adapters installed on the IS are:
MQ Adapter 6.0
EJB adatpter 6.0
JMS adpater 6.1
XSLT adapter 6.0.1
JDBC adpater 6.0.3

The error Log as the entry pasted below:
com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException: [ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Default.Default:connNoTransaction.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource”.
System or internal error javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Cannot instantiate class: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory]
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:125)
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:116)
at com.wm.pkg.art.error.DetailedServiceException.create(DetailedServiceException.java:103)
at com.wm.pkg.art.ns.ConnectionDataNodeManager.setConnectionState(ConnectionDataNodeManager.java:1063)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor391.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:287)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:587)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:229)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:49)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:194)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:39)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:407)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:503)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:367

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

can you try LOCAL_TRANSACTION for this connection and DataSource class?

Sound strange, that Informix tries to look up some values in Websphere.

Where did you install the jars?
In <IS_ROOT>/lib/jars or in <IS_ROOT>/packages//code/jars?
Probably you are facing a ClassLoading-Issue here.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I tried to connect with Transaction Type=LOCAL_TRANSACTION and DataSource Class=com.informix.jdbcx.IfxDataSource, but no luck, Im getting the same error.

The jars are in IS_ROOT>/lib/jars.
I tried putting them in the path <IS_ROOT>/packages//code/jars and tried but Im still getting the same error.

Anything else I could try out.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav.

Hi Gaurav,

what did you substitute “” with?
I assume WmJDBCAdapter.
Remember to reload the package after you copied the jars there.

Maybe adding the following setting and re-starting your IS will help to diagnose whats going on:
watt.adapter.JDBC.JDBCLogFile=jdbc.log

Try to Open the driver jar for informix and check if there are additional DataSource-classes in there (beside those mentioned earlier in this thread).

Maybe you need an additional jar for the websphere naming classes.

Please check the documentation for the Informix Database and their Drivers.
Check Informix web site for Updates to the Database/Driver.

Ask webMethods Technical Support if nothing else helps.

Once again:
I am curious, why Informix tries to access WebSphere JNDI-Container.

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

I moved all the jars from WMEJBAdpter package(for EJB adapter 6.0) code/jars to IS/lib/jars.
Now both EJB adapter 6.0 and JDBC adapter 6.0.3 are working fine.

Still dont know why was i getting the webSphere error.

Thanks and Regards,
Gaurav.