Unable to connect to Mongo DB with WmJDBC Adapter 9.10

Dear Experts and Moderators,

I am unable to connect to Mongo DB from wM IS via WmJDBC Adapter 9.10, I have the required drivers for mongo DB and below is my configuration:

DataSource Class : wm.jdbcx.mongodb.MongoDBDataSource40
serverName: localhost
databaseName: myNewDatabase
portNumber: 27017
network protocol: tcp
Other Properties: transactionMode=Ignore;readOnly=false;

Mongo DB server is up and running and I am able to connect it via the mongo db client tools however when I try to enable the jdbc connection I receive the below error and I have no idea what is schemaDefinition and its absolute path.

[ART.118.5042] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to enable connection resource Default:mongoDB.
[ART.118.5036] Adapter Runtime (Connection): Unable to configure connection manager.
[ADA.1.204] Cannot connect to the database with DataSource class “wm.jdbcx.mongodb.MongoDBDataSource40”.
[webMethods][MongoDB JDBC Driver]An invalid value was specified for the schemaDefinition connect option. Must specify an absolute path.

I have reviewed the guide and there is no clue about this and it’s really frustrating with incomplete documentation from the Adapter team on connecting to Mongo DB using WmJDBC adapter. Kindly look into this issue and provide me a solution. Thanks for your support.

Anyone here who can shed some light on this :slight_smile:

Hi Mahesh,

For connecting to MongoDB via JDBC Adapter, you’ll need to purchase Big Data Driver. It’s not included out of the box and require separate purchase.

Hello Mike,

I have the required Big Data Driver and I am trying it via JDBC Adapter to integrate with Mongo DB.

Hi Mahesh,

This is a known defect in Progress/DataDirect driver, you can refer to this article:
https://knowledgebase.progress.com/articles/Article/exception-thrown-when-connecting-to-mongodb-server-on-linux-without-specifying-schemadefinition

I would suggest you to update the drivers to the latest one via Update Manager.

Hello Mike,

I managed to resolve this issue, by specifying the schemaDefinition path in other properties of Adapter connection. However, I now have issues with inserting documents in Mongo DB as I have full write permission, I will contact you with details shortly.

Hi Mahesh K Srinivas,
Can you please specify how did you specify the Schema definition in the other properties.

Other Properties = SchemaDefinition=C:\data\db;TransactionMode=ignore

Make sure you download the big data drivers for Mongo DB from Empower which is available for licensed users. Put them in WmJDBC/code/jars/static folder