Uable to start a new MWS instance

Hi All
after installing MWS 8.2 I created a new instance but cant start it
I all the tme have the error
(Framework:FATAL) - [POP.001.0002] A “java.lang.ClassCastException” occurred with the Message “com.webMethods.portal.mech.storage.impl.BootstrapContainerMechanics incompatible with com.webMethods.portal.mech.portlet.IPortletMechanics”
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.webMethods.portal.mech.storage.impl.BootstrapContainerMechanics incompatible with com.webMethods.portal.mech.portlet.IPortletMechanics

any idea to solve this.
thanks

I am having somewhat the same symptoms as you have.

(Framework:FATAL)  - [POP.001.0002] A "java.lang.ClassCastException" occurred with the Message "com.webmethods.portal.mech.storage.impl.BootstrapContainerMechanics cannot be cast to com.webmethods.portal.mech.alias.IAliasMechanics"
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.webmethods.portal.mech.storage.impl.BootstrapContainerMechanics cannot be cast to com.webmethods.portal.mech.alias.IAliasMechanics
at com.webmethods.portal.bizPolicy.impl.BootstrapPhase.createAlias(BootstrapPhase.java:98)
at com.webmethods.portal.bizPolicy.impl.BootstrapPhase.init(BootstrapPhase.java:52)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initComponent(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:262)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.initComponents(BaseProvider.java:602)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.impl.BaseProvider.init(BaseProvider.java:170)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.DefaultPhaseProvider.initializePhases(DefaultPhaseProvider.java:91)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.ClusterPhaseProvider.initializePhases(ClusterPhaseProvider.java:65)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.init.impl.PartitionPhaseProvider.initializePhases(PartitionPhaseProvider.java:59)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.init(PortalSystem.java:874)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.PortalSystem.main(PortalSystem.java:826)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.start.Main.start(Main.java:133)
at com.webmethods.portal.system.start.Main.main(Main.java:38)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperSimpleApp.run(WrapperSimpleApp.java:247)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

It looks like the problem occurs at the bootstrap of the classes. The weird part for me is these are core classes and thus part of the main product. It is strange that at a point where the installation is fresh that the error is happening.

Any help/assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi, sorry for the late update.
but after a big headach I decided to
Reinstall the mws Instance
Recreate the mws DB component(cause of some configs in binary fields)
and it works now :frowning:
sorry no better Idea for now