Trading Networks removing data

I am receiving and EDI 3040 822 and through a file processing I am sending the file to TN. The doctype is application/EDI and the service that is called is wm.tn:receive. Once TN receives the file it recognizes the X12 Group, X12 Envelope and X12 3040 822. The issue is that the content is being eliminated after the first SER segment and then the GE and IEA are the next segments(missing the SE segment). Has anyone had an issue with TN truncating the data like this?

Content in TN
AMTAD-100.00\SERTB00021000026008869.9410717.193.13003976294NEG COLLECT BAL-ASSESSMENT\GE11\IEA1*161102532\

File being passed in
AMTAD-100.00\SERTB00021000026008869.9410717.193.13003976294NEG COLLECT BAL-ASSESSMENT\SERTB010000100512895.5423231DDA MAINT\SERTB0100001005252038.40459951DDA MAINT\SERTB010020105520951.5440104ZBA MAINT-MASTER\SERTB010021106511213.5120201ZBA MAINT-SUB-ACCT.…
CTT
53\SE1680000000001\GE11\IEA1161102532\

Its weird i have seen this behaviour anytime.
Just in dark please make sure the documenttype installed in TN successfully?with all the segments in place just check it in the WmEDIforTN/EDIFFSchema location.

Is it happening only for this document type or all the X12 documents?

HTH,
RMG

Its weird i have not seen this behaviour anytime.
Just in dark please make sure the documenttype installed in TN successfully?with all the segments in place just check it in the WmEDIforTN/EDIFFSchema location.

Is it happening only for this document type or all the X12 documents?

HTH,
RMG

This is weird! I have not seen that behavior before. The only thing I can think of is like RMG said check to make sure the document type is loaded correctly. A couple small things I would check is make sure there are no strange characters in the position where the file seems to truncate and secondly change your delimiters and segment terminators to see if TN will then respond differently. I try to avoid common characters like the * and .
Good Luck!
Dawn

I know in version 6.1 webMethods recommends the use of content-type “application/EDIstream” rather than “application/EDI” on a file-polling port (although it says “application/EDI” is still supported for backwards compatibility). Not sure what the recommendation is for earlier versions.

Yes i think delimiters might be the culprit causing truncating data.As Dawn suggested please test it by changing segment terminators…

HTH,
RMG

Thanks for all your suggestions - This is only happening to this version (822). We have an 811 from the same vendor that works correctly. I looked at the Schema and everything looked correct but just to make sure i deleted it and Installed the X12 3040 822 again and also changed the content type to “application/EDIstream” and the same thing happened again - Then I went in and changed the segment terminators and again the same problem. Then I went in and removed the loop that it was stopping at and again after the first SER segment the GE/IEA happens. I even tried another 822 file from the vendor and the same issues occurred. Would it have anything to do with the headers segments limiting the number of arrays allowed for a segment? (the doc type allows for arrays at the SER segment)

Tim,
I haven’t worked with this EDI transaction set before so I loaded it into our dev environment. I didn’t see an AMT segment did you mean the ACT?

Can you give me more of a break down of the structure in use for this 822? I’m wondering if the nesting structure is correct for the SER which from what I am looking at should be nested within an ACT segment array which in turn is nested within an N1 segment array.

Do you have other 822’s for this trading partner that translate correctly?

Do you have 822’s for other trading partners that translate correctly? If so are they this same version 3040?
Thanks,
Dawn

Do you have EDI validation turned on? If not, it might be helpful to turn it on, if briefly, to see if any validation errors pop up. One thing you might check manually is if any of the delimiters show up in the data itself–perhaps a \ or * in one of the fields.

Tim,

Can you upload your edi file,if it is ok.So that we will look into it closely see if we find any weird stuff coming in the document.

HTH,
RMG

Hello,
It seems that you are showing us incomplete data in both portions of your examples. How do the header sections look (ISA, GS, ST). For a delimiter issue, they are self contained in the document(record, field, subfield), so it is an easy eye inspection of raw data without schema.

How does the data look in TN? If you go to the Content tab after opening the X12 3040 822 delails (double click), you should see all the info that TN sees. Their is a small summary over the data view that tells the length of the information so you can match count.

The only thing I am not clear on is, do you process the send to TN, or do you send to TN and then let it pushed to a processing service. If your viewing error in the service and not TN, maybe a envelopeProcess or convertToValues service was used improperly. Good day.

Yemi Bedu