Trade Networks Duns with Leading zeros

webMethods 6.1
Trade Netwoks is NOT able to recognize the XML document type or the sender or receiver id because my Trading Partner’s DUNs number has two leading zero’s.

WHAT I WANT:
To be able to submit the XML doc in Trade Networks and use a generic document type to handle the process

DOES NOT WORK:
I can not let Trade Network automatically process the document for me
I can not remove the leading zeros from the DUNs number in Trading Partners and expect Trade Networks to process the document for me properly

WORKS:
I can change my document type to look for the DUNs with leading zero’s and it will work.
I can take the leading zeros off the DUNs and modify the XML document

any help would be appreciated
Chill

Can you post your document type and profile(s) in the form that doesn’t work? I’m surprised that Trading Networks cares in any way about the format of external identifier.

I’ve never encountered any constraints with what the external identifier contents could be. The ID in the profile(s) simply need to match what is in the XML document. I assume that the applicable partner profile has the two leading zeroes.

I am confused by the question "Can you post your document type and profile(s) in the form that doesn’t work?

Your assumption is correct. The id in the trading partner profile matched the id in the xml document.

I found the error with a process of elemination…
Two partners set up identical with the exception of the DUNS one has two leading zeros (Mr00) the other does not (MrNo00)
Two different work flows Mr00 Workflow and MrNo00 Workflow
One XML document Mr00

Mr00 XML document sent using Mr00 Workfow Document Failed
Mr00 XML document sent using MrNo00 Workflow Document Failed
Mr00 XML document w/MrNo00 id sent using Mr00 workflow Sucess
Mr00 XML document w/MrNo00 id sent using MrNo00 workflow Sucess
Mr00 w/zeros removed in TP Mr00 w/zeros removed XML document id sent using Mr00 Workflow Sucess
Mr00 w/zeros removed in TP Mr00 XML document sent using Mr00 Workflow Document Failed

Is your partnerprofile has 2 DUNS Id’s set up with MrNo00 and Mr00,so that upon receving it can recognize both workflows with One XML document but diff DUNS#.Please let us know your testing.

HTH,
RMG

For the profile and document type that fail, can you post the settings of the profile and the document type? I want to see how the doc type and profile are defined. Also, let us know the version and build numbers of IS and TN.

rmg
My partner profile did NOT have 2 Duns Ids set up.

I was using two different TP to troubleshoot.

I had one process that worked from start to finish MrNo00 and one that could not recognize the receiver, sender, or document type. Mr00.

Both MrNo00 and Mr00 used the same xml document type.

reamon

My version is 6.1
Build Numbers of IS 132
Build Numbers of TN 705
wmuserdoc.zip (6.51 KB)

Understood. I wanted to see the profile in which recognition isn’t matching. I wanted to see the document type definition. I was thinking about trying to duplicate your scenario and want to make sure I dupe the profile and doc type correctly.

I’ll take a look at your zip…

reamon
you will have to take the Value out of the document I sent to you. It DOES WORK if you leave that value in. It will NOT WORK if you take the value out. I should have looked at it before I sent it.

Thnx Chill

BAD Upload<<<-----My DEEPEST apology… Someone else is working on this with me and they have made some changes. Should have checked before I uploaded… If you could wait about an hour I will re upload the data you are asking for.

Good data. Here is the data I promised. I looked it over you should be able to recreate the error.
WmUserGoodOne.zip (7.29 KB)

I was able to successfully identify and extract the document using your profile and doc type but I had to make a doc type change–

The identifying queries and extract queries don’t match:

Identifying query
/pidx:Invoice/pidx:InvoiceProperties/pidx:PartnerInformation[@partnerRoleIndicator="[COLOR=blue]Seller[/color]"]/pidx:PartnerIdentifier[@partnerIdentifierIndicator="DUNSNumber"] 
/pidx:Invoice/pidx:InvoiceProperties/pidx:PartnerInformation[@partnerRoleIndicator="BillTo"]/pidx:PartnerIdentifier[@partnerIdentifierIndicator="DUNSNumber"] 

Extract:
Sender=/pidx:Invoice/pidx:InvoiceProperties/pidx:PartnerInformation[@partnerRoleIndicator="[COLOR=blue]RemitTo[/color]"]/pidx:PartnerIdentifier[@partnerIdentifierIndicator="DUNSNumber"]
Recvr= /pidx:Invoice/pidx:InvoiceProperties/pidx:PartnerInformation[@partnerRoleIndicator="BillTo"]/pidx:PartnerIdentifier[@partnerIdentifierIndicator="DUNSNumber"]

When I changed the extract query for the SenderId to “Seller” the document was recognized, the sender identified and the rule I created was properly invoked. Leading 00’s for the DUNS external ID in the profile did not matter.

Let me know if this change fixes the issue. If not, please post your sample PIDX invoice file and I’ll test with that.

I’m using IS 6.1 SP1, build 132, TN build 705 (same builds as your instance).

I am going to try it. I am also going to give you my XML document. What is confusing about this is… it works for all of my other trading partners. I greatly appreciate all of the assistance you have given me already.

I am not sure why the identifying query and extract query were originally set up like this. I Inherited document type from another developer.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<pidx:Invoice xmlns:pidx=“404 Page Not Found” pidx:transactionPurposeIndicator=“Original” pidx:version=“1.0”>
pidx:InvoiceProperties
pidx:InvoiceNumber621179</pidx:InvoiceNumber>
pidx:InvoiceDate2006-06-29</pidx:InvoiceDate>
<pidx:PartnerInformation partnerRoleIndicator=“Seller”>
<pidx:PartnerIdentifier partnerIdentifierIndicator=“DUNSNumber”>008025959</pidx:PartnerIdentifier>
pidx:PartnerNameHARBISON-FISCHER, INC</pidx:PartnerName>
pidx:AddressInformation
pidx:AddressLineP.O. BOX 2477</pidx:AddressLine>
pidx:CityNameFT WORTH</pidx:CityName>
pidx:StateProvinceTX</pidx:StateProvince>
pidx:PostalCode76113-2477</pidx:PostalCode>
pidx:PostalCountry
pidx:CountryCodeUS</pidx:CountryCode>
</pidx:PostalCountry>
</pidx:AddressInformation>
</pidx:PartnerInformation>
<pidx:PartnerInformation partnerRoleIndicator=“RemitTo”>
<pidx:PartnerIdentifier partnerIdentifierIndicator=“DUNSNumber”>008025959</pidx:PartnerIdentifier>
pidx:PartnerNameHarbinger Ficsher</pidx:PartnerName>
pidx:POBoxNumber730491</pidx:POBoxNumber>
pidx:CityNameDallas</pidx:CityName>
pidx:StateProvinceTX</pidx:StateProvince>
pidx:PostalCode75373-0491</pidx:PostalCode>
<pidx:PartnerInformation partnerRoleIndicator=“BillTo”>
<pidx:PartnerIdentifier partnerIdentifierIndicator=“DUNSNumber”>080592967</pidx:PartnerIdentifier>
pidx:PartnerNameRED MAN PIPE & SUPPLY CO</pidx:PartnerName>
pidx:AddressLinePO BOX 35632</pidx:AddressLine>
pidx:CityNameTULSA</pidx:CityName>
pidx:StateProvinceOK</pidx:StateProvince>
pidx:PostalCode74153</pidx:PostalCode>
<pidx:PartnerInformation partnerRoleIndicator=“SoldTo”>
<pidx:PartnerIdentifier partnerIdentifierIndicator=“DUNSNumber”>080592967</pidx:PartnerIdentifier>
pidx:PartnerNameRED MAN PIPE & SUPPLY A/P H103</pidx:PartnerName>
pidx:AddressLine2300 W OKLAHOMA</pidx:AddressLine>
pidx:CityNameULYSSES</pidx:CityName>
pidx:StateProvinceKS</pidx:StateProvince>
pidx:PostalCode67880-0000</pidx:PostalCode>
pidx:InvoiceTypeCodeProductOrService</pidx:InvoiceTypeCode>
pidx:PurchaseOrderInformation
pidx:PurchaseOrderNumber48-10986</pidx:PurchaseOrderNumber>
</pidx:PurchaseOrderInformation>
<pidx:ServiceDateTime dateTypeIndicator=“ServicePeriodStart”>2006-06-29T00:00:00Z</pidx:ServiceDateTime>
<pidx:ServiceDateTime dateTypeIndicator=“ServicePeriodEnd”>2006-06-29T00:00:00Z</pidx:ServiceDateTime>
</pidx:InvoiceProperties>
pidx:InvoiceDetails
pidx:InvoiceLineItem
pidx:LineItemNumber1</pidx:LineItemNumber>
pidx:InvoiceQuantity
pidx:Quantity1</pidx:Quantity>
<pidx:UnitOfMeasureCode />
</pidx:InvoiceQuantity>
pidx:LineItemInformation
<pidx:LineItemIdentifier identifierIndicator=“AssignedBySeller”>11H4</pidx:LineItemIdentifier>
pidx:LineItemDescriptionBALL & SEAT,DUMORE,1 3/4" FLAT</pidx:LineItemDescription>
</pidx:LineItemInformation>
pidx:Pricing
pidx:UnitPrice
pidx:MonetaryAmount109.46</pidx:MonetaryAmount>
pidx:CurrencyCodeUSD</pidx:CurrencyCode>
</pidx:UnitPrice>
</pidx:Pricing>
</pidx:InvoiceLineItem>
pidx:LineItemNumber2</pidx:LineItemNumber>
pidx:Quantity3</pidx:Quantity>
<pidx:LineItemIdentifier identifierIndicator=“AssignedBySeller”>180-190J+30</pidx:LineItemIdentifier>
pidx:LineItemDescriptionCUPS,SEATING,PLASTIC,225 DEGRE</pidx:LineItemDescription>
pidx:MonetaryAmount4.39</pidx:MonetaryAmount>
pidx:LineItemNumber3</pidx:LineItemNumber>
<pidx:LineItemIdentifier identifierIndicator=“AssignedBySeller”>9001-1017</pidx:LineItemIdentifier>
pidx:LineItemDescriptionTOXIC MATS HANDLING CHARGE</pidx:LineItemDescription>
pidx:MonetaryAmount5.00</pidx:MonetaryAmount>
pidx:LineItemNumber4</pidx:LineItemNumber>
<pidx:LineItemIdentifier identifierIndicator=“AssignedBySeller”>9001-1001</pidx:LineItemIdentifier>
pidx:LineItemDescriptionREPAIR INSERT PUMP 1-1/16 TO 2</pidx:LineItemDescription>
pidx:MonetaryAmount70.00</pidx:MonetaryAmount>
</pidx:InvoiceDetails>pidx:InvoiceSummarypidx:TotalLineItems4</pidx:TotalLineItems>pidx:InvoiceTotalpidx:MonetaryAmount197.63</pidx:MonetaryAmount></pidx:InvoiceTotal></pidx:InvoiceSummary></pidx:Invoice>

I made the modification you suggested and it worked. I also deleted my TP data and added them back. It seems something else might have been amiss. I checked with the publisher of my TP document and there was NO reason for the difference in the identifying query and extract.

Thanks for your time