Tortoise SVN with Designer

Hi,

We are currently on 9.10 designer and TortoiseSVN 1.9.4.
I have also installed plugin Subversive-1.1.0.I20130527-1700 and Subversive-connectors-allplatforms-3.0.3.I20130920-1700.
I’m trying to configure SVN with Designer workstation.

I have a local repository created in the URL file:///D:/SVNTestRepo/.
When i try creating the local service development, it will prompt me asking for the URL.
When I tried giving the above URL, it throws the below error message.

svn:Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn:Unable to open repository ‘file:///D:/SVNTestRepo/’
svn:D:\SVNTestRepo\db\format’ contains invalid filesystem format option ‘addressing logical’

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Monica

when i change the URL to file:///localhost/D:/SVNTestRepo/, I’m getting error as below
svn:Unable to open an ra_local session to URL
svn:Unable to open repository ‘file:///localhost/D:/SVNTestRepo/’
svn:Unable to open repository ‘file:///localhost/D:/SVNTestRepo/’

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Monica

Tortoise and Sibversive are both Subversion clients. Usually you use them to connect to a server. Most subversion clients are able to work against a filesystem directly, but for subversive you need to check if there is a connector for accessing a local fileystem.

Hi Monica,

you can try Subclipse as an alternative to Subversive.

I am currently using Subclipse in Designer 7.1 and Designer 9.5 as Subversive asks for additonal downloads which do not work.
(Might be that this only applies to me, but you never know).

You can check for the feature SVNService on the internet to start a local SVN-Server for your local repository which then can be accessed by using a svn:// or http:// URL.

Please check https://subversion.apache.org/ for further informations.
SVN Server has been moved from Tigris to Apache some time ago.

Regards,
Holger

There is one drawback with Subclipse: Graphical diff of asset revisions is not supported with Subclipse, only with Subversive.

Thank You all.

Now SVN repo is created, I’m able to do check-in check-out from repo.
I’m trying to do a repo based deployment.
I configured the repo on IS Admin deployer page.
But when I select the repo, it is not displaying the assets under it. Please find the screenshot for reference.

Any pointers to this are welcome.

Thanks,
Monica

Hi Martin,

thanks for pointing this out.

Luckily my Developers did not yet complain about that.
Currently we are only versioning process models, tasks and CAF UI projects as we are not yet licensed for local service development.

Additionally there is always the option to diff using TortoiseSVN shell integration.

Please note that we are still on wM 9.5 SP1

Regards,
Holger