This version of Designer is not compatible with the server

Hi,

I can’t figure out why Service Designer won’t establish a connection with my remote webMethod Microservices Runtime, whereas the local server it’s work.

I used the latest available download version, both in 10.4

What’s wrong ?

Hi Maisonnave,
With the latest refresh of ‘Service Designer’ which is available for free download, server connection is restricted to capabilities for use with the bundled runtime only, this is as designed. I would recommend using licensed installation if you want remote development.

1 Like

Thanks for the details, so does it mean the inital version of Service Designer should be able to connect to remote IS server? Pls confirm?

As mentioned earlier, server connection is restricted to capabilities for use with the bundled runtime only for simplification of newbie’s experience. Hence we always recommend using the latest build which is available in download section.

I had a similar problem after downloading and starting 10.4 version Integration Server.

The solution is - shut down integration server 10.4 if you have manually started it.
Go to Service Designer → Click Server in the menu → Click Start

You will say logs saying starting local development server - This will eventually start up the local integration server and connect it also to Service Designer