The JDBC DataSource class "com.ncr.teradata.TeraDataSource" cannot be located

Integratoin server & JDBC used and 10.7 level:

We have placed the terajdbc4.jar file under /installPath/common/lib & /installPath/IntegrationServer/lib/jars folder but we are still getting same error.
Is there any other path where we need to place the jars, attaching jarfiles place.

Thanks

When you have the right driver jar, place it in this location:
<intallPath>\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmJDBCAdapter\code\jars
and restarts your Integration Server.

Hi,

Thank you for your response, does this mean I don’t have the right driver jar file.
I downloaded that from teradata official website only.
Could you please confirm if we have to place in all 3 paths given here.

I have placed jar file under WmJDBCAdapater\code\jars, but still getting same error.
I have attached the jar file in zip here also, we are using webMethods 10.7 with jdk 1.8.0.401.

TeraJDBC__indep_indep.20.00.00.17.zip (1.2 MB)

Thanks

Hi Rohit,

usually, the jar is only required in the location mentioned by Chancerel.
Stop and Restart once, further updates of the jar should only require a reload of the WmJDBCAdapter-Package via UI.

The locations mentioned by you in the first post should not be used for custom jars (there might exist some exceptions for common/lib/, in this case the jars should be place in the custom subdirectory). The second location is not part of the IS classpath at all. For this one it should be /installPath/IntegrationServer/instances/default/lib/jars then for the dedictaed instance.

Regards,
Holger

1 Like

Hi Holger,

Thank you for your inputs, the issue got resolved now after place the correct jars.
Looks like earlier downloaded jar was not correct one. The path I used is /installPath/IntegrationServer/lib/jars and its working from here only.

Thanks

Just to remind you that you can have multiple instances in your Integration Server. So placing the jar into the dedicated instance should be preferred. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure, will take care of that.

Thanks

Additionally, you might wnat to check out this article, if it might be helpful for you:

Regards,
Holger

1 Like