TaminoCommand.Timeout

Hi all,
we just migrated from tamino 4.2.1 to 4.4.1. We are usinge the new TaminoAPI.dll.

In our application we used the propertie Timeout to set a longer tiemeout for long running requests. We are now getting an exception when we set this propertie to an other value than 0 with the new version. Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround?

You didn’t specify the exception that you get.

I get an exception:
TANASE0003: Unhandled parameter type SoftwareAG.Tamino.Api.Common.Util+Pair

Which command does it happen for?

_command.Retrieve(taminoUri);

Unfortunately it does appear that there is a fault in this area.

It looks like it may inadvertently occur on a Retrieve, RetrieveProperties or Delete.

A workaround would be to set the Timeout value to 0 for the command that is causing problems.

if I set Timeout to 0. It will get the timeout from the tamino Server. So I cannot only set the timeout for the long running queries…

It is possible to have multiple TaminoCommand objects for one TaminoConnection. This means that you could have a dedicated query TaminoCommand object with the timeout applied.

Sorry, I’m nut sure if I understand well.
Even I have multiple TaminoCommands how can I increase the timeout for one if the TaminoCommand.Timeout is not working?

Can you give me a example please?

The Timeout should work for any TaminoCommand that results in a HTTP POST request. This should be true for Query, Insert and Update operations. It is only not working for those commands that do not produce a HTTP POST (e.g. Retrieve or Delete).

That worked, Thanks a lot.

But now I have another problem. I’m getting now the following exception:

INOXYE9291: Transaction aborted because it has taken too long

Even if I set

TaminoPreference pref = new TaminoPreference();
pref.NonActivityTimeout = 900;
pref.TransactionTimeout = 900;

it times out after 300s like definded in Tamino Manager.

Any Idea?

Which operation does the exception occur on?

If it occurs on an operation that does not use a HTTP POST then you’ll probably have to increase the timeout in Tamino.

_command.Query(_taminoQuery,pageSize);

Assuming that the preference is associated with the TaminoConnection the timeout will only take effect within a local transaction.