Tamino Licence

Hi all, i m tryin to install tamino 4.2 …i registered but the mail that comes from tamino…its comin without any LICENCE KEY…so what should i do?? how can i get a licence key for the TRIAL VERSION??? thanks…i hope atleast this time someone will reply…as i m not gettin any reply from any one from a long time… regards.

Hi, You are luckier than me, because until now (6 hours after the download), I didn’t receive any email… :frowning: JN

Hi JN… but that mail has no meaning at all…is it possible that if u will get any mail ALONG WITH THE LICENCE KEY…then can you forward that mail to me…coz its already 2 days now…but still i didnt get any LICENCE KEY…i dunno how to do my WORK…n i have to submit it as soon as possible… :x Regards.

Hello Shuch, did you get this Tamino version directly via the Software AG website or through Altova? Greetings -= FJ =-

Hi,thanks for your reply…i got this TAMINO from SOFTWARE AG’s website only…where i registered first n then downloaded…but still didnt get the LICENCE KEY…just a mail without any attachment :cry: can i get it from somewhere???just to make my small university project…n there is nothin more that i want to do with it…:frowning: regards.

Hi Shuch, you mentioned that you have downladed a version 4.2. I just wonder whether it wasn’t a version 4.1.4 download … I already asked a colleague of mine to get in touch with you asap for submitting the key. It shouldn’t take too long … BTW: You mentioned that "there’s nothing more that you want to do with it :cry: ". I’d be interested to get your feedback about the experiences you had with Tamino so far. Did the product do what you wanted it to do? Do you like it? Would you use it again in a larger project? Thank you and regards -= FJ =-

Thanks a lot for your help…i have downloaded 4.2 only…actually a month back i started working with tamino…downloaded 4.1.4 at my friends place…n i liked working with it…so i decided to make my bachelor’s project with it…where i had to chose three XML NATIVE DATABASES and then compare their features and make an application for three of them…so i decided to use tamino…since i saw it has a HUGE DOCUMENTATION…so i can learn a lot…and the other two i took dbxml and exist…but as i know that TAMINO is commercial…so i thought may b i m not gettin its licence coz Tamino is commercial and may b you are thinking that i have a HUGE COMPANY or somethin n thats y i m askin for the licence key…so thats y i said i dont want to use it for some other purpose since i m a student only…n just want to work with tamino for my project… of course,if i get a chance to work with Tamino in future… i would love to…n then write my QUESTIONS again in this website only…n give troubles to all of u… :wink: i will be waiting for the licence key…n one more thing…i was tryin to call the office of software ag in czech republic…but unfortunately no one was pickin up the phn there… Regards.

Hi Shuch, did you meanwhile receive an eMail from my colleague? Regards -= FJ =-

Hi Frank, I didnt recieve any mail yet from your colleague…i hope u have my email address…if not then the mail id with which i had registered on software ag’s site is sanjeevwadehra@yahoo.com… i hope i will get the licence key soon…thanks for all your help…i really APPRECIATE IT… Shuch.

Hello Sanjeev, interesting: the email address you mentioned in the forum is the exact address my colleague used. You should have received his mail. In case you didn’t, I resent his message in a separate eMail to that address. Kind regards -= FJ =-

Hi Frank, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH…for all your HELP and support…I REALLY APPRECIATE UR HELP…thank you very much… Regards, Shuch.

Hi Shuch, I received my key today and I see you have also, so I don’t have to share my key with you as you requested. By the way: I’m also a student and I’m working in my dissertation to finish my master’s course. I also had to choose one native xml database and the choice was Tamino because as you say, the documentation is good and is commercial and a reference in this type of databases. (I first saw a reference to Tamino in the book “XML Data Management: Native XML and XML-enabled Database Systems”) Unfortunately I see that this new starter kit 4.2 has the same limitation in the database size: 20MB. I was hoping that in this version this value was higher because I will need more than 20MB. Because of this maybe I have to choose another database, I don’t know yet. I think that other kind of license key, for education, could exist with other characteristics even if to use it we (the students) should prove we are really students (by sending for example a written document from the university and/or the abstract of the work). I’m saying this because as you say we are not any huge company and we are just students trying to finish our work. Of course SoftwareAG has no obligation to do this, but it would be very nice… Good luck for your project. JN

Hi JN, thats a very good idea though…n i think Frank is the right person for it…now it depends upon him wat he can suggest us…but in my case…i just have my bachelor’s project…not master’s so i just need the basic understanding of it along with that i have to make a small application that can connect to tamino,insert documents,query and delete documents…these r the basic stuff that i have to do with Tamino…but i liked ur suggestion…i hope some of the software ag ppl will try to think about it…n will help us… Good luck with ur project too :slight_smile: Regards, Shuch.

@Shuch - You’re welcome :slight_smile: >> Hi Frank, THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH…for all your HELP and support…I REALLY APPRECIATE UR HELP…thank you very much… << ----------------------------------- @JN - jlnovais: >> Unfortunately I see that this new starter kit 4.2 has the same limitation in the database size: 20MB. I was hoping that in this version this value was higher because I will need more than 20MB. Because of this maybe I have to choose another database, I don’t know yet. << - Starterkit is Starterkit, therefore the hard coded 20MB limitation. As a student you may, however get a university license to use a full Tamino version for your dissertation - without any DB size limitation. You, however, need to backup your DB,deinstall your Starterkit, install the fuill version and then restore your backup. Interested? - To obtain this temporary university license please contact your local Software AG office → Software AG Portugal Campo Grande, 28 - 1

Hi Frank, Yes, I’m very interested. I’m very satisfied to know that a temporary university license exists. Some days ago I sent one email to that address you say. Unfortunately I had no response until now. I will send a new email and try to contact Mr. Mouzinho. If I have no response to this new email I will try that phone number. Thank you very much. JN

Good luck. Let me know whether you were successful -= FJ =-

Hi, Frank I was contacted today by Software AG Portugal. They were very helpful and will help me. Thank you very much. JN

Hello JN, it’s always a pleasure to have happy Tamino friends :wink: Have a merry christmas and a happy and successful new year! Greetings -= FJ =- BTW: Do you know these christmas lights? → http://troubledone.com/xmaslights.htm Pretty good show, isn’t it?

Hi Frank, Very cool ligths. :slight_smile: A merry christmas and a very good 2006 to you. Thank you.