Tamino Access Error (Exception id :021)

Hello,
I have many schemas in my single collection in a tamino 4.1.1 database.
I have generated applications through command line script without any problem.
When I start the tomcat the first application I run works without any problem.
But the second one gives the following exception.
(The order of running the application doesnt differ always second one fails.)

My schemas are in the attached zip file.

An error occurred in the application program. Please report the following problem to your webmaster.
Error message: Problem when connecting database http://localhost/tamino/CAPA4.
Help message: An error of the underlaying API occurred when the application connects the Tamino database.
Exception id: 021
Exception Type: MajorEnvironmentException
Stacktrace:

StoreException: id = 021 arg[0] = http://localhost/tamino/CAPA4
Nested Exception (com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TResponseBuildException, tag: $Name: JavaTaminoAPI_4_1_2_41 $) stacktrace:

Nested Exception (com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TStreamInterpretException, tag: $Name: JavaTaminoAPI_4_1_2_41 $) stacktrace:

Nested Exception (java.lang.NullPointerException, tag: $Name: JavaTaminoAPI_4_1_2_41 $) stacktrace:

java.lang.NullPointerException

X-Application Version: 4.1.1
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tamocat 4.1.1
JDK Version : 1.3.1
X-Application Version: 4.1.1, 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 4.1.1, 3.1
Platform : Win2k, WinXP, Solaris, Linux, …
WebContainer : Tamocat 4.1.1, Tomcat 3.3.1
JDK Version : 1.4.1, 1.3.1
files.zip (1.14 KB)

Mhm, Tamino send an invalid response. Does the second application work if you don’t start the first applications? That’s what your formulation suggests, but it would surprise me …

Michael

Software AG Germany, Darmstadt

Hello,
No matter which one you start first always the first one works and the second one gives exception.
And once you get exception from the second application after this the first one fails to work too.
It is really very strange.
Thanks
Server

You generated the applications into different directories, didn’t you?

Are both applications based on the same schema? Do they work on the same collection?

Michael

Hello,
The schemas are different. But they are in the same collection.
I have a directory called app and I generated the applications to subfolders in this directory.

1. application → C:\app\Combo\ Combo schema in Ortopedi collection

2. application → C:\app\hquery\ Hquery schema in Ortopedi collection

Thanks
Server

Hi,

the next question is: what happens if both applications use a different collection?

Michael

Hello,
I have changed the collection of one of my schemas.
Now I have two different schemas in two different collections.

1. schema :Combo → Collection:myColl

2. schema :HQuery → Collection:Ortopedi

I still get the same exception in the application that I run second.
There is no difference :frowning:

Server

Hello,

The only way I can propose is to run the HTTP sniffer for protocolling the requests send from you applications and the response Tamino sends.

I think you already have installed the sniffer and traced the communitcation between the application and Tamino. It requires the adaptation of the Tamino URL within the xapplication.xml files of your applications. Both of your applications (HQuery, Combo) must address for instance http://localhost:3500/tamino/yourDB where the sniffer is listening on port 3500.

Please zip the protocol and send it to the community.

Many thanks.
Bye,
Christian.

Hello,
I have traced the communication and the sniffer file is the attached document.
It seems as if no request for the second schema goes to the tamino.
Would you advice me to put some System.out.println codes on specific places of xapplication code to see where excatly the problem occurs?

ps : Once I get exception tomcat stops responding. I can not even successfully shut down it. I have to end its process.

Thanks
Server

[This message was edited by MehmetServer on 15 Apr 2003 at 09:02.]
installrequests.txt (54.3 KB)

Hello,

At first you should check if the application.xml file of your application HQuery refers also to the sniffer.

If yes, we should get more information about the NullPointerException. Could you sent me the complete stacktrace for I can see the class(es) and method(s) where the error occurs. Based on this stacktrace we could identify places to add print lines.

Thank you.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello,
xapplication.xml of hquery is correct because it worsk if I run it first (you can see the attached sniffer file.)

Here is the exception I get :

XJspException: Nested Exception (com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TResponseBuildException, tag: $Name: JavaTaminoAPI_4_1_2_41 $) stacktrace: Nested Exception (com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.response.TStreamInterpretException, tag: $Name: JavaTaminoAPI_4_1_2_41 $) stacktrace: Nested Exception (java.lang.NullPointerException, tag: $Name: JavaTaminoAPI_4_1_2_41 $) stacktrace: java.lang.NullPointerException

Many Thanks
Server
X-Application Version: 4.1.1, 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 4.1.1, 3.1
Platform : Win2k, WinXP, Solaris, Linux, …
WebContainer : Tamocat 4.1.1, Tomcat 3.3.1
JDK Version : 1.4.1, 1.3.1
installrequests.txt (41.3 KB)

Hello,

Where do you get this output?

- From the error page (error.jsp)?
- From the Tomcat Window?

I miss the stacktrace with the list of classes and methods that are involved.

Are you using Tomcat 4.1.18?

I don’t remember to have such a short stacktrace for exceptions when testing X-Application.

Bye,
Christian.

Hello,

when checking your protocol I have seen, that you are using Java 1.3.1 whithout further patch level.

> C05 --> S06 User-Agent: Java1.3.1
</pre><BR><BR>When we tested X-Application we used version 1.3.1_07. The user agent information in this case is <BR><BR><pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
--> C05 --> S06 User-Agent: Java1.3.1_07

Perhaps, the JDK version you are using causes this problem. Could you check if the same error occurs also with JSDK 1.3.1_07?

Bye,
Christian.

Hello Christian,
COngrulations you’ve found the problem :slight_smile:
I have downloaded jdk 1.3.1.07 and now it doesnt get the exception any more.
Many thanks
Server