Tamino 4.1.1 Crashed my application

Hello all,
I have Installed new version of Tamino(4.1.1)
And it crashed my application.
I can not delete subnodes anymore.
I recieve exceptions.
I also recieve an exception when no records found in my search.
Worst of all is I try to work with my old database (version 3.1.2) and I still recieve same exception.
I made no change on my computer except for installing the new version.
Can someone help me pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

X-Application Version: 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 4.1.1
Platform : Win2k,
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3.a
JDK Version : 1.3.1

[This message was edited by Christian Freytag on 21 Mar 2003 at 12:32.]

Hello,

did you invoke a ‘setversion’ to migrate your old database to a new Tamino 4 database?

If you have still the old database of version 3, could you send us at least one stacktrace. For example if your query returns no results. That will help us to analyze your problem.

Thank you.
Bye, Christian.

[This message was edited by Harald Wolf on 17 Jan 2003 at 15:30.]

Hello,

X-Application 3.1.3 in principle runs but has not been rigorously tested with Tamino XML Server 4.1. See Topic: Setup X-Application 3.1.3 with Tamino XML Server 4.1 for more information.

Do you really need to switch to Tamino 4.1 with that database? Note, that Tamino 3 databases can coexist with Tamino 4 databases.
Please check your configuration if your switch back to the “old” (I assume the original, previously running) database is correct.

Regards, Harald

Hello,

I tried to reproduce your problem:
- I generated an application with X-Application 3.1.3 for Tamino 3.
- I changed the Tamino URL and the collection within the web.xml of the generated application to access Tamino 4.
- I set up a request for an empty result set of XML documents and I got the following exception:

Exception: java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
	at com.softwareag.tamino.db.api.response.TXMLObjectFetchingIterator.fetchBlockWith(TXMLObjectFetchingIterator.java:279)
	at com.softwareag.tamino.db.api.response.TXMLObjectFetchingIterator.reset(TXMLObjectFetchingIterator.java:235)
	at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.store.TaminoElementIterator.reset(TaminoElementIterator.java:110)
	at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.BusinessDocumentCursor.reset(BusinessDocumentCursor.java:237)
	at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.BusinessDocumentPage.(BusinessDocumentPage.java:86)
	at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.StandardWorkspacePlugin.queryDocuments(StandardWorkspacePlugin.java:362)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at ...

Then, I updated my current X-Application 3.1.3 with the fix for JDOM beta 8 and used the Tamino API for Java of the Tamino 4.

The effect was that the problem was solved. The problem when inserting sub-nodes I could not reproduce.

Could you try out your application with the jar files I send you within the attached zip-File. If errors still occur, please send them via post to the community.

Hope, that solves your problem. If yes, I will provide a contribution for updating applications based X-Application 3.1.3 for Tamino 4.

Many thanks,
bye Christian.
updateForTamino4.zip (794 KB)

Hello,
I downloaded the jar files you’ve sent and tried my application with them.
But I get this exception when I start my application.

Error: 500
Internal Servlet Error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: The method com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.StandardElementPlugin.select with formal arguments (org.jdom.Element element, com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.BusinessDocument document, java.lang.String npName) was not found.
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(Unknown Source)
at menu_2._jspService(menu_2.java:199)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Root cause:
XJspException:
id = 274 arg[0] = com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.StandardElementPlugin.select arg[1] = (org.jdom.Element element, com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.BusinessDocument document, java.lang.String npName)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.Action.forName(Action.java:93)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.XMLDispatcher.getAction(XMLDispatcher.java:90)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.XMLDispatcher.addPlugin(XMLDispatcher.java:70)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.XMLDispatcher.addMapping(XMLDispatcher.java:58)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.XApplicationXml.configure(XApplicationXml.java:175)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.XApplicationXml.configure(XApplicationXml.java:163)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.ApplicationContext.forServlet(ApplicationContext.java:160)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.ServletSessionContext.findApplicationContext(ServletSessionContext.java:170)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.ServletSessionContext.findSessionContext(ServletSessionContext.java:96)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.ServletSessionContext.findSessionContext(ServletSessionContext.java:71)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.JspTag.checkContext(JspTag.java:252)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.JspTag.doStartTag(JspTag.java:133)
at menu_2._jspService(menu_2.java:107)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Hi,

I tried to reproduce your problem and I also tried the possible solution Christian attached in his post.

It works on my machine. I’m unable to reproduce your last error.

It is possible to send us this page, in order to have a look on it?

By the way, did you delete the working directory of your tomcat? Propably this did irritate your application.

Thanx in advance

Thorsten

Hello,

X-Application 4.1.1 is available now. Please use this version when working with a Tamino database of version 4.1.1.

We do not recommend the use of former versions of X-Application with a database 4.1.1.

Bye,
Christian.