problem of my application

X-Application Version: 3.1.3
Tamino Version : 3.1.1
Platform : Win2k
WebContainer : Tomcat 3.3a
JDK Version : 1.3.1
hi
I send the myapplication for you.this application is the system for ticket request of airplane.I had this App. on the system of network with validation IP.tamino server worked with IIS.
but when I run App .I Had meny errors.internal error and another errors…
and I send schema I used
please guide me
thanks a lot
jsp.zip (66.2 KB)

my schema is :
ticket-request-schema.zip (962 Bytes)

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by firouzeh:
another part :src:
Src.zip (1.17 KB)

another part :directory meta-inf
Meta-inf.zip (191 Bytes)

another part :directory images

another part directory classes of web-inf
Classes.zip (1.5 KB)

another part directory jsp of web-inf
Jsp.zip (1.5 KB)

another part directory lib of web-inf
Lib.zip (2.33 MB)

[QUOTE]
Originally posted by firouzeh:
another part web.xml of directory web-inf
Web.zip (499 Bytes)

another part xapplication.properties
xapplication.zip (1.14 KB)

files animate.js and anim.js are used
animate.js (13.9 KB)

I send myapplication.you can join these parts .
I hope that you can simulate myapplication and help me to solve errors.

thanks alot

I send myapplication.you can join these parts .
I hope that you can simulate myapplication and help me to solve errors.

thanks alot :confused:

Hello,

is it possible to attach the complete web-directory as one zip-file? It would be easier for us to compose your application.

How can the problem be reproduced (which page, …) ?
Please send the first Error Message(s) and Stack Trace.

Could you give us more information about the problems?

• what is the configuration that causes your problems?
    IIS + tomcat + tamino + x-application, right?
  • how did you integrate tomcat in IIS?
  • does tomcat work in IIS?
    (check the tomcat samples)
  • does Tamino continue working?
    (check with Interactive Interface of Tamion XPlorer)
  • do the x-application samples work?
    (check http://yourserver:yourport/xapp and then property sample)
  • does any parts of your application work?
    Any special pages do not work? which ones?
  • does the same application run with Tomcat standalone (not integrated into a Web Server)?
  • Did you modify and recompile the X-Application modules?

Regards, Harald

Hello AND HAPPY NEW YEAR !

1- is it possible to attach the complete web-directory as one zip-file? It would be easier for us to compose your application.

PLZ JUST COPY THE FILES IN RIGHT LOCATION , IT IS HARD FOR ME TO SEND IT ALL TOGHETHER COZ OF MY INTERNET LINE PROBLEMS
2_How can the problem be reproduced (which page, …) ?

NO SUCH SPECIAL CASE ! NO SPECIAL PAGE ! IT HAPPNS RANDOMALY , I CAN NOT TELL U HOW TO REPROUDUCE BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW UNDER WHICH CONDITIONS IT HAPPENS

3- Please send the first Error Message(s) and Stack Trace.
IT IS ERROR 500 INTERNAL ERROR , I SENT IT BEFORE TO U (NULL POINTER EXCEPTION …)

4- Could you give us more information about the problems?
+ what is the configuration that causes your problems?
IIS + tomcat + tamino + x-application, right?

HERE IS MY CONFIGURATION :
I HAVE IIS + TAMINO ON MY TAMINO SERVER ON PC1
AND TOMCAT AND X-APPLICATION ON PC2

+ how did you integrate tomcat in IIS?
+ does tomcat work in IIS?
(check the tomcat samples)

I DO NOT INTEGRATE TOMCAT WITH IIS

+ does Tamino continue working?
(check with Interactive Interface of Tamion XPlorer)

YES IT WORKS AFTER ERRORS
+ do the x-application samples work?
(check http://yourserver:yourport/xapp and then property sample)

NO THEY DO NOT WORK , I MUST RESTART TOMCAT

+ does any parts of your application work?
Any special pages do not work? which ones?

AFTER ERROR NO PART WORKS

+ does the same application run with Tomcat standalone (not integrated into a Web Server)?

TOMCAT AND IIS ARE NOT INTEGRATED

+ Did you modify and recompile the X-Application modules?

NO , WE DID NOT DO ANY MODIFICATION

Regards, FIROOZEH SADEGHI

Hello,

I checked the list of the last topics and could not find your error description. Please could you send a link to this error page.

For your application you are using Tomcat 3.3a. Is it possible for you to switch to Tomcat 3.3.1 ?

Download page: http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3.1/bin/

I remember that communitication problems occurred with Tomcat 3.3a. The description of your problem (occured ramdomally, Tomcat must be restarted) sounds like a communtication problem of the HTTP layer.

Bye,
Christian.

HERE IS MY ERROR MESSAGE :

!Error!
An error occurred in the application program. Please report the following problem to your webmaster.
Error message: internal error
Help message:
Exception id: 999
Exception Type: ApplicationException
Stacktrace:

XException: id = 999
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.invocation.http.THTTPInvocation.doInvoke(THTTPInvocation.java:109)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.invocation.TInvocationRetryOnConnectionTimeoutHandler.retryAfterSessionModeUpdate(TInvocationRetryOnConnectionTimeoutHandler.java:71)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.invocation.TAbstractInvocation.retryAfterSessionModeUpdate(TAbstractInvocation.java:485)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.invocation.TAbstractInvocation.doTemplateInvoke(TAbstractInvocation.java:381)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.invocation.TAbstractInvocation.invoke(TAbstractInvocation.java:176)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.accessor.TGenericAccessorImpl.execute(TGenericAccessorImpl.java:56)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.accessor.TGenericAccessorImpl.execute(TGenericAccessorImpl.java:96)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.connection.TTransactionModeCoordinatorImpl.useLocalTransactionMode(TTransactionModeCoordinatorImpl.java:113)
at com.softwareag.tamino.db.API.connection.TConnectionImpl.useLocalTransactionMode(TConnectionImpl.java:231)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.store.TaminoStore.query(TaminoStore.java:555)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.store.TaminoStore.readTsd(TaminoStore.java:1352)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.store.TaminoStore.readTsd(TaminoStore.java:1320)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.Schema.read(Schema.java:153)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.SchemaCache.lookup(SchemaCache.java:70)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.businessdocument.BusinessDocumentWorkspace.query(BusinessDocumentWorkspace.java:226)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.StandardWorkspacePlugin.queryDocuments(StandardWorkspacePlugin.java:350)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.Action.invoke(Action.java:180)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.plugin.Dispatcher.execute(Dispatcher.java:158)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.SessionContext.processWorkspaceAction(SessionContext.java:389)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.taglib.DirectCommandTag.processAction(DirectCommandTag.java:192)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.taglib.CommandTag.doAfterBodyCore(CommandTag.java:122)
at com.softwareag.xtools.xapplication.jsp.JspTag.doAfterBody(JspTag.java:188)
at nfltest_1._jspService(nfltest_1.java:171)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:119)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doService(ServletHandler.java:574)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.invoke(Handler.java:322)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:235)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(ServletHandler.java:485)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:917)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:833)
at org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Http10Interceptor.java:176)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:494)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:516)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Hello,

the error occurs within the HTTP Layer of the Tamino API for Java after a retry. The retry indicates that the Tamino database could not be contacted or it sent an unexpected response when the schema of your application was requested.

One reason for this problem could be the use of Tomcat 3.3a.

I don’t think that your application (your JSPs) or X-Application cause this error.

One posibility to get more information about your problem is tracing the comunication between the Java API for Tamino and the Tamino database. I sent a topic to this forum how to create a protocol file of this communication. Could you follow the instructions of this topic

Protocolling the HTTP transfer between Tamino and X-Application

It describes how to install an ‘sniffer’ which interacts as proxy between Tamino database and Tomcat. After starting the proxy run your application until the error occurs. Than stop the proxy, zip the resulting protocol file and post it to the community.

I hope in this way we can get the necessary information how to solve the problem.

Thank you.

Bye,
Christian.

Hi
I have a problem finding Perl interpreter , will U pelase give me the exact link that I can download this interpreter ?

Hello,

you will find a download page for Perl when following the link

You have to register your email address. After your registartion you can download the Perl interpreter depending on your platform (Windows / Solaris).

Bye,
Christian.