table inside table

Hi,

Does anyone know how to handle a table inside another table?
I can’t find any sample of this.

Thanks
Bruno

Hi
in the nested table you need to set the Value Binding to the corresponding array variable from within the Control Scoped Variables.
Inside of the nested table, you will see two possible Control Scoped Variables, one corresponding to the outer table and the other to the inner table.

best regards
Javier

Hi Javier,

that was my first approach, but I get this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: [POP.016.0030] The “rowType” property must be set to use as an IUpdateableTableContentProvider.
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.object.ListTableContentProvider.newRow(ListTableContentProvider.java:565)
at com.webMethods.caf.faces.data.object.ListTableContentProvider.setTemplateRow(ListTableContentProvider.java:370)

And in the web page the add row control doesn’t seem to add the row, since no new row appears.

Thanks
Bruno

Hi,

I did the same as said by Javier and also referred wm caf samples but I am getting the following error which is irrelevant, here i am’t parsing string to integer.

error: Failed to evaluate binding expression:
javax.faces.el.ReferenceSyntaxException: The “.” operator was supplied with an index value of type “java.lang.String” to be applied to a List or array, but that value cannot be converted to an integer.
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ArraySuffix.evaluate(ArraySuffix.java:163)
at com.sun.faces.el.impl.ComplexValue.evaluate(ComplexValue.java:151)

PS: I have the service connector output as below.
docList(EmployeeDetails)
-String(EmpID)
-String(EmpName)
-String(Job)
-String(Designation)
-String(Location)

• docList(PersonalDetails)
    — String(DOJ)
    — String(DOB)
    — String(Salary)
    — String(mobile)
    — String(Address)

I have created an asyn table using Basic Updateable Table content provider created from the output of the service connector. Binded parent table’s row variable( Provider’s row variable value) and value(Provider) property and child/nested table row variable(ControlScope child bean’s name) and value(ControlScope child bean’s Expression).

Hi,

No one seems to know how to do it.
I’ll open a SR

Thanks,
Bruno

Hi BJCO,

I am looking for the requirement. Kindly let me know if you receive any solution.

Regards,
San