Subverison

I am using wmSubverison package with webMethods 7.1.2 I load then here it here is the pacakage

WmSubversion Version 7.1 Build 2006-0328-0806

and the fix namespace_vcs_fix-7.1.jar in the update directory but when I try to checkout I am getting this problem

Error:
USAA_Arch_Archive/USAA_Arch_Archive.Services:getArchiveDirs: [ISS.0132.9117] error running command [svn,add, /webmethods7, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive/ns, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive/ns/USAA_Arch_Archive, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive/ns/USAA_Arch_Archive/Services, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive/ns/USAA_Arch_Archive/Services/getArchiveDirs, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive/ns/USAA_Arch_Archive/Services/getArchiveDirs/node.ndf, /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/USAA_Arch_Archive/ns/USAA_Arch_Archive/Services/getArchiveDirs/flow.xml, --non-recursive]; exit value: 1; output: [svn: ‘/’ is not a working copy]

Has anybody seen this before. Thanks

The message means that your package directory is not yet linked to Subversion. Did you follow the steps described in the readme of the WmSubversion package? It says to import and then checkout the package directory.
You should also check Subversion documentation which describes also on how to get files under Subversion control and should shed light on the behaviour here.

Yes I through we did I will check again

thank you

You can check on commandline if the link to subversion is done properly:

There should be an .svn directory in every directory under packages holding the subversion runtime data (do an ls -a on unix).

Use svn info on commandline inside packages (or a subdir of it). This should return information about the repository you imported the packages to.

If svn info returns svn: ‘.’ is not a working copy then something got wrong during importing, checking out of the directories.

So I need to look in the pacakage directory and .svn folder if I do not see the it the there was a problem with import.

If the .svn dir’s are not there you probably missed the deletion and reexport of the packages described in the readme. As said before you should check the readme if you really did all steps of the setup process.

Hi Experts,

I am working on SubVersion in my project and hitting with a different kinds of errors. I followed the steps mentioned in ReadMe.txt which is distributed along with the WmSubversion package.

The complete package folder was checked-into SVN Server and Checkedout.

Versio of WmSubVersion package – 2008-0130-001
IS version - 7.1.2
Fix applied - IS_7-1-1_VCS_Fix1.zip

The following is the error I get when I perform any kind of activity(creating packages,folders, services and even unable to save any changes done) in Developer.

Error Message:

4829547 [HTTP Handler 127.0.0.1] ERROR IS.SERVER.ISC.0077 - Exception → java.util.MissingResourceException:
Can’t find resource for bundle com.webMethods.vcs.resources.VCSExceptionBundle, key CreateProcess: svn lock
E:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\Testing\ns\Testing\ErrorHandling\ErrTestService\node.ndf
E:\webMethods7\IntegrationServer\packages\Testing\ns\Testing\ErrorHandling\ErrTestService\flow.xml error=2

The following are the errors I could see in stack trace:

com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceException:
at wm.server.VCS.runIfEnabled(VCS.java:186)
at wm.server.VCS.checkout(VCS.java:129)
at wm.server.nsimpl.lockNode(nsimpl.java:373)
at wm.server.nsimpl.makeNode(nsimpl.java:5299)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.JavaService.baseInvoke(JavaService.java:403)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.process(InvokeManager.java:631)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:40)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:241)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:51)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ACLManager.process(ACLManager.java:228)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:30)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.AuditLogManager.process(AuditLogManager.java:624)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:536)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.InvokeManager.invoke(InvokeManager.java:381)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.ServiceManager.invoke(ServiceManager.java:237)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:119)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:151)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPDispatch.handleRequest(HTTPDispatch.java:186)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.Dispatch.run(Dispatch.java:327)
at com.wm.util.pool.PooledThread.run(PooledThread.java:118)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

at wm.server.nsimpl.deleteNodes(nsimpl.java:2482)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.util.tspace.ReservationProcessor.process(ReservationProcessor.java:40)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.StatisticsProcessor.process(StatisticsProcessor.java:44)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ServiceCompletionImpl.process(ServiceCompletionImpl.java:241)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.ValidateProcessor.process(ValidateProcessor.java:51)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.invoke.DispatchProcessor.process(DispatchProcessor.java:30)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.comm.DefaultServerRequestHandler.handleMessage(DefaultServerRequestHandler.java:119)
at com.wm.app.b2b.server.HTTPMessageHandler.process(HTTPMessageHandler.java:151)

at wm.server.nsimpl.unlockNodes(nsimpl.java:338)

Can anyone help me in fixing ths issue.

Thanks,
Anil kumar

If you have a different problem please kindly open a new thread. Hooking with new problems onto existing ones makes discussion of the problems as well as solution finding for the future unnecessarily difficult.

I work with Luis,

we did the following:

svnadmin create /ebadmin/svnwm7
cd /ebadmin/svnwm7/conf
vi svnserver.cnf and uncomment or add the following:
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
ebadmin = write
password-db = passwd
vi passwd and add the following
ebadmin = svn (where svn is the password chosen)
svnserve -d /ebadmin
cd /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages
svn import . svn://devxb1l/ebadmin/svnwm7 -m “Initial Import”

and when we run “svn info” from /ebadmin/svnwm7 we get:

Path: .
URL: svn://devxb1l/ebadmin/svnwm7
Repository Root: svn://devxb1l/ebadmin/svnwm7
Repository UUID: 83d7b042-3191-46d9-8fe1-419beb3b5e85
Revision: 0
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Rev: 0
Last Changed Date: 2009-12-22 16:41:32 -0600 (Tue, 22 Dec 2009)

Several mentions, we are using CollabNet subversion and get a .subversion directory in the home directory of the ebadmin userid instead of .svn if that is relevant.

Not sure what steps are still necessary to get webMethods to see the subversion repository.

Forgot to mention, ran checkout as well:

svn checkout svn://devxb1l/ebadmin/svnwm7

The .subversion directory in the users homedirectory holds the user specific settings for subversion and is not directly correlated to the working files.
You need to delete the package directory of the IS after import to subversion and then checkout it out to it’s original location. This way it get’s a working copy of the repository. The link to the repository is hold by the .svn directories which are user by the svn client.
All you need is having a package dir being a working copy of a repository and the WmVCS and WmSubversion packages properly configured, but all steps are listed in the readme of the WmSubversion package.
You need, however, a good understanding of Subversion to work with the WmSubversion package, as the Integration covers only the files seen by developer and you need to take care of all other files (java-classes, dsp’s, configurations etc.) yourself.

Appreciate it mwroblinski, the removing and checkout of the packages directory was the missing piece. Does anyone know how we can access our URL once complete? Google search examples have not worked for us.

I started from scratch and have the following:

[ebadmin@devxb1l]: cd /webmethods7/IntegrationServer/packages/
[ebadmin@devxb1l]: svn info
Path: .
URL: svn://devxb1l/ebadmin/svnrepo/wm7ispkgs
Repository Root: svn://devxb1l/ebadmin/svnrepo
Repository UUID: 4c33126c-41ff-422b-aa7a-6410be650ff8
Revision: 1
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: ebadmin
Last Changed Rev: 1
Last Changed Date: 2010-01-19 16:34:27 -0600 (Tue, 19 Jan 2010)

The URL above does not work, svnserve -d is running, and http://devxb1l:3690 provides the following:

( success ( 2 2 ( ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 absent-entries commit-revprops depth log-revprops partial-replay ) ) )

svnserve does not offer http afaik. svn: is a subversion specific protocol and svnserve the esasiest way to have an repository server running. If you need http or https access, you have to combine subversion with Apache. I didn’t do this myself, but this is the most common setup of subversion server. Basic Instructions can be found in the svnbook (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/) and the projecthomepages.
However, if you just need to browse the repository you can use most of the available svn clients available, there is a number of graphical clients out there.

Thanks again mwroblinski. That clears up our confusion. Documentation calls for an svn: URL so we should be good to go. The mention of URL is what threw us off. Appreciate your help once again. We will go the Apache route if it is warranted.