Strategy for high volume Message Translation

I need to translate real-time messages in a efficient(less memory & fast)manner. The volume of the message transactions could exceed more that 30,000 messages per hour.
The input messages could be in any format (xml, flat ) and the again the translated messages could be any format (xml, flat). Please note that these messages are NOT EDI (input or output) messages. So I really do not want to use EDI module. How should do I go about doing this using the Integration server ?
Your comments/thoughts/ideas is appreciated.

Thanks

Do you know if your processing bottleneck is the transport interface (ftp? Http?) or the parse to values object or xml or validation or mapping that you might be doing once the object is within Wm. We modified an ftp content handler to improve ftp processing and also have done some work with node interation on the inside (assumed xml inbound via http post). The node interation method is now on general support in 4.6 for RosettaNet and EDI (independent of the standards) but have not used it yet.

Hope this helps… could continue thread if necessary.

Hi,

I am planning to have a single 6.1 Integration Server dealing with around 200 Transactions per seconds. Each transaction would consist of:
-call from the IS API;
-send a synchronous request to an external system on XML/HTTP (so I would have XML encoding/parsing to perform).

Do you know if a single Integration Server can handle this kind of high volume provided he is given enough memory and CPU ? Are there limits to vertical scalability ? What is the usual bottleneck ?

Thanks for your help.

Nicolas.

See this Performance Report. It should give you some reasonably close data points tied to specific hardware configurations.

http://advantage.webMethods.com/PDF/wM_6.0.1_Technical_Report-Platform_Core_Performance.pdf

Also there are some good performance tuning tips in GEAR. That are much nicer if avoided, rather than fixed in the performance testing phase.