Specified path is not on the [allowedWritePaths] allowed list in the fileAccessControl configuration file

Hi Team,

While using StringtoFile service getting this error - Specified path is not on the [allowedWritePaths] allowed list in the fileAccessControl configuration file,

But i have added directory path in C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\packages\WmPublic\config and restarted the IS, still facing same issue. Can some one help on this issue.

Hi @JayaBharath ,

Can you Double check if your Installation directory is actually what you stated above or something like below

C:\SoftwareAG\IntegrationServer\instances\default\packages\WmPublic\config

If so then you may try updating the Config in this path.

If your installation directory is what you state then please confirm if you had Reloaded the WmPublic Pkg. If yes then check as per your OS ( Windows or Unix ) if for File Path Backward or Forward Slash is correct

1 Like

Hi @Kailash_Mishra

Yeah added in both the directories which you mentioned as well

Please check if you are passing directory path and not file.

Incorrect path - C:\SoftwareAG\Test\fileDir
Correct path - C:\SoftwareAG\Test\fileDir\

Also it needs to be update inside instances packages only.

Thanks,
Yogesh

2 Likes

If your installation directory is what you state then please confirm if you had Reloaded the WmPublic Pkg. If yes then check as per your OS ( Windows or Unix ) if for File Path Backward () or Forward Slash (/) is correct

also each entry (path) must be separated via semi-colon ; as per syntax

So even if you only 1 entry in your fileAccessCtrl then that path must end with ; I belief and the wM Public pkg must be reloaded for the change to take effect

https://documentation.softwareag.com/webmethods/deployer/wdy10-15/webhelp/wdy-webhelp/index.html#page/wdy-webhelp/re-file_access_control_configuration.html

1 Like

Hi @Yogesh_Bhandari

I have passed like this C:\SoftwareAG\Test\fileDir*

C:\SoftwareAG\Test\fileDir*;

Can you try by adding ; at the end followed by a Pkg Reload and see

Hi @Kailash_Mishra

I have used backward slash, let me change to forward and see

okay you may try with both slashes and in both formats and see if either works

C:\SoftwareAG\Test\fileDir*;
C:\SoftwareAG\Test\fileDir\;
C:/SoftwareAG/Test/fileDir
;
C:/SoftwareAG/Test/fileDir/*;

2 Likes

Hi @Kailash_Mishra @Yogesh_Bhandari

Its working fine now by using forward slash and then reloaded the package.

Thank you both of you

1 Like

Hi,

generally, the forward slash should be working independent of OS.
Please specify your wM version for further assistance.

Regards,
Holger

Please provide the config file as well. You can mask if there is any unrelated/confidential information there. Telling how you implemented hardly ever helps.