Software AG Customers,
We are pleased to inform you that the system to report your Software AG Support Incidents will be partially restored on 6th January 2021.
A number of important changes will take place as of that time:
The Support Incident creation process will be revamped to a web-based form on Empower to create Support Incidents.
- You will need to complete this form with all relevant problem details (see screenshot below)
- Please add the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe-senders list.
Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email from email@example.com confirming your Support Incident number.
After you have received the email confirmation you will need to reply to that email to update the Support Incident.
It is important to not change the subject line of this as it will contain the relevant number matching the open Support Incident.
- You can upload attachments up to 10 MB via email, or refer to the Diagnostic Info page to SFTP larger file uploads.
To open a new Support Incident, please use the new form in Empower:
- You cannot open new Support Incidents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (you will only be able to update on-going Incidents)
Our temporary SoftwareAG-Support-Manager@posteo.de email address for creating Support Incidents will be retired on January 6th 2021.
- Active Support Incidents created between October 6th 2020 and January 6th 2021 will be migrated to the new system and will get new Support Incident numbers which will be shared with your relevant technical contact(s).
Features targeted to be restored at a later stage include:
- The ability to view and print your Incident details on Empower
- The ability to maintain and update your active Support Incidents via Empower
For more information and help on how to submit new Support Incident requests, please visit Empower, here https://empower.softwareag.com/public_faq.aspx.
Accessing Empower (unchanged from previous communication)
Our most recent security measures for Empower include stricter password reset requirements. Any passwords that were in place before the re-launch of the platform will no longer function, please follow the links below to create a new password:
- User ID: [your work email address]
- Password: click here to generate your password or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://empower.softwareag.com/passwordHelp.aspx?reset=1
Should you forget your password, our implemented security protocols will temporarily disable your account for 30 minutes after 10 failed login attempts. You can reset your password at any time using the “Forgot your password” option on Empower.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to safely restore our systems. We will continue to keep you updated on the progress.
Software AG Global Support