SMTP Port

Hi All,
I’ve created a port to receive e-mails and i need the contents of the mail which happens to be in the xml format and i also need the attachments to be stored which needs to be uploaded to a differnt location.I use the service in wmPublic.pub.flow:getTransportInfo,and then convert it to string using “streamtostring”.When i direct this output to the console, i get both the body content of the mail as well as the attachment content.But when i add a savePipelinetoFile, all i get is either the content of the mail or attachment contents.
And as i have mentioned above i also need to save the attachments, for which i m using concat function to concatenate the path with the filename which i get from transportinfo.The same is the case here,the filename is reflected in the console and also if i add a savePipelinetoFile, but if i add a writetoFile function after this and map the filename, the filename is not reflected.
Am i actually doing the right thing,or is there any alternative for this.
Let me add, the body content of the mail will always be in the xml format, and the attachment can be of any type and also can be more than one.
The following fields are reqd from the transportinfo service:
filename, subject and the content of the email

Please advise.

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Hi All,
Can sombody pls suggest any solution ?
Plzzzzzz…

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Please review the documentation in the XML Services Developers Guide, specifically the section on “Submitting and Receiving XML via E-mail”.

Tim

Hi,
Thanks a lot for the suggestion, went through the docs, hv already implemented it, but wat i am looking for is a way through which i can extract the contents of the body( mail body) as well as the attchemnts content separately if and when they appear.

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Hi,
Is your email port configured “Invoke service for each part of multipart message = Yes”?

Thanks,
Puneet Verma

Hv configured it to “YES”

If anybody has ever come across this problem, pls suggest a solution.

Its urgent.

Thanks,
Aishvarya

Hi Aishvarya,

From your post initial post you seemed to have accomplished what I’m looking for.
I’m facing a problem in reading email attachments in 6.1. My email listener is enabled and the gobal service is invoked, i’m also able to read the body of the email but am unable to read the attachment contents. There is no content object appearing in the pipeline. Will be really helpfull if you can share your thoughts on this.

Thank you,
Ramya

Hi,

I’m able to extract the attachment contents. I suppose using savePipielineToFile was not letting me view the contents.

Thank you,
Ramya