Single 997 for multiple transaction set

Hi All,

Is it possible to send single 997 for a PO with multiple transaction set.

Thanks,
Pauly

Hi Pauly,
It is possible to send single 997 with multiple transaction set in it.
you just need to use the EDI Batch feature in TN.

Regards,
Sachin

Pauly,

Actually whenever you generate 997 using generateFA service it will create you only single 997 per GS with multiple transaction sets.or may be EDI Batch feature in TN will help as mentioned above.

You can test this scenario using generateFA service,map edidata from your inbound EDI document ,set additional inputs
FArequest=yes and FALevel=TransactionSet,addGroups=true, and addICEnvelopees=true.

HTH,
RMG.

Thanks Sachin and RMG. I have yet to test what RMG had explained. BTW, when do we use Default and Segment as value for FALevel.

Thanks,

Pauly

Pauly,

FALevel= (Default,TransactionSet,Segment,Element)

So these conditions works the level at which you want to acknowledge. If any errors occur at
the particular level we select, the FA will list those errors at the level selected.

if FALevel=Default then it is used for (X12 group or UN/EDIFACT interchange level),when any errors occured in the GS level then FA will list those errors and acknowledge.

if FALevel=Segment then it is used when any errors occured in the ST/Segments level then FA will list those errors and acknowledge.

HTH,

RMG,

Its still creating one 997 each for every PO. Could you please explain how to implement EDI Batch.

Thanks,

Pauly

Alrt… I have figured out what is going on…

Thanks,

Pauly

Hi,

I have got following error message while doing VAN FTP of EDI 997 document.

“500 [122] File transfer failed. A record in the file exceeds the maximum block size of 512 bytes.”

Any ideas to rectify this problem.

Thanks,

Pauly

Pauly,

Are you using TN publicQueues and VAN.VANConnectivity:putToVAN to send outbound EDI Docs?

At what point you are seeing this error?Can you elaborate on your oubound process from TN

HTH,

Thanks RMG. I have contacted VAN provider and they said they are not allowing more than 512bytes. So I am gonna send the client, individual 997s.

Thanks,

Pauly

Cool,

BTW who is your VAN provider? Is it (GXS or Cleo or Sterling or IBM or Kissinger or EasyLink etc…)

So that it will help anyone who ever connects that VAN and know the root cause.

Thanks,

Hi guys,

I am getting the exact same error. Who was the VAN in this scenario ?

I know 997’s are not big but what is the fix if we were to send larger files of other types in the future (greater than 512 bytes) eg, Invoices, Ship Notes etc ?

Kind Regards,
Con

Con,

Dont worry,generaly all VAN providers will not having same rules,you can send batch EDI’s and use the existing future in webMethods.

But anyways we should still know who is that VAN provider the Pauly talking about so that we can take care this problem before processing.

Thanks,

That was Sterling.

Regards,
Pauly