Shortcut / Link to Subroutines

Hi,

is there a chance or a Shortcut that if i click at a Perform xxx at the xxx that i automatically jump to the Definition of the Subroutine. Somethink like a Hyperlink? I use Natural 6.1.1 SPoD

Sascha

Something not Somethink - Where is the Edit Button :?

When the name of the subroutine is the same as the object containing the external subroutine you can open it by positioning the cursor at the subroutine name and either

CTRL-O or

right-click → Open

Yes i know it from external subroutines but i looked for this function at internal subroutines.

If i have a Program like this:

0010 DEFINE DATA
0020 LOCAL
0030 01 #I (I4)
0040 END-DEFINE
0050 *
0060 PERFORM COUNT-INDEX
0070 *
0080 DEFINE SUBROUTINE COUNT-INDEX
0090 FOR #I = 1 TO 20
0100   PERFORM DISPLAY-MESSAGE
0110 END-FOR
0120 END-SUBROUTINE /* COUNT-INDEX
0130 *
0140 DEFINE SUBROUTINE DISPLAY-MESSAGE
0150 WRITE 'Hello i"m Line #' #I
0160 END-SUBROUTINE /* DISPLAY-MESSAGE
0170 END

i only want to click at COUNT-INDEX at Line 0060 to Jump to Link 0080. This is only a small example Program, but if you have a Subprogram with 700 Lines and 30 Subroutines a Hyperlink like Function or Shortcut would help to get faster through the Source.

Sascha

There’s no direct “goto”, the best way I can think of is double-click on “COUNT-INDEX” and use CTRL-F to search for the corresponding subroutine definition.

At the moment there are no “Jump To” editor function, you may want to code one yourself, using the new API’s USR60*.
The workaround will be to double-click the subroutine name, then Ctrl+F (Find), which will pre-fill the find string with the selected text. Then just press Enter untill you are there.

Thank you for the Information. I would have a look at the Userexits.

Sascha

Try
E F
from the commandline

Afaik “e f” is only to edit external Subroutines not to Jump from one Sourceposition to another.

Sascha

Your right - works only to find external subroutines,
but if the “double-click the subroutine name, then Ctrl+F (Find)” trick doesn’t give you a result …