SFTP Login Failing

Hi,

I am a juniro developer and new to webemthods. I am having a requirement to get a file from a SFTP server. When I searched in WMUSERS I found this thread([URL]wmusers.com) where I see a solution for my problem. I have downloaded the package BW_Utilities.zip and installed it. Also I have downloaded the jar jsch-0.1.37.jar and copied to ./Integration Server/lib/jars/ and re-started the IS.

However when I tried to login i am getting the following output…

channleSFTp # null
Session Factory # com.jcraft.jsch.Session
Status # Unable to connect to FTP server. com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read

If anybody can throw some light on this issue and help me out it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance…

— Ram

Ram,
In order for you to do SFTP, you need to exchange keys with the remote server first. Also use the OpenSSH package from advantage, and exchange the keys at OS level before doing an sftp service invoke. SFTP is FTP over SSH, and is an not an open standarad supported by webMethods. The documentation along OpenSSH package provides a good start for you

Regards,
Pradeep

Hi Pradeep,

Firstly thanks for the reply…

I have checked the OpenSSH documentation and I see that for SFTP we have to setup the keys. However our client doens’t want to go in this route. Instead they have given us a username, password and file location for their SFTP server and asked us to pick files from there.

This was the reason for not implementing the OpenSSH. Also if you see the below link [COLOR=#22229c]http://wmusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6579[/color] where Mr.Aditya had acheived the SFTP by implementing JSCH. I was actually trying that and i am getting the following error.

channleSFTp # null
Status # Unable to connect to FTP server. com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read

channleSFTp # null

thanks

shyam

How did you solved it? I’m getting the same error:

Unable to connect to FTP server. com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.UnknownHostException: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks

Is your SFTP server in the network where webMethods installed or available in public url (internet)?

If it is public url (internet), then Your FTP Proxy settings doesnot match with SFTP connectivity.

In this case, you have to use Proxy related service(to get proxy connection) before connecting to actual SFTP server url.

Hi,

I am using WaSFTP.zip package to connect SFTP via WM7.1, But it is giving error as below:

“Unable to connect to FTP server. com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out”

As per my observation it is creating session but not connecting. How can I resolve this.

SFTP is connecting via Putty…but not from webMethods…Please help me.

Thanks in Advance