Setting Up MWS Database Pool Configuration Error

Hi,

I am installing Optimize for Process 7.1. Both client and Server are on my local machine.

Configuration Details:

External Db: Sql Server Express 2005

I have installed all the components. DB Component Configurator has executed succesfully all the scripts. (side note: i am using URL : jdbc:wm:sqlserver://:1433;databaseName=
as i get error [wm-cjdbc36-0007][SQLServer JDBC Driver][wm-cjdbc36-0007][SQLServer JDBC Driver]The requested instance is either invalid or not running.]
when i use jdbc:wm:sqlserver://<mycomputername\sqlexpress>:1433;databaseName=]

I have set up my Db in JDBC Pool Alias Definitions and associated the functional alias definitions like ISCoreAudit, Xref to the associated pool alias(my Db) tested connection successfully.

Now when i login to mws and go to Administration\Environments\DatabasePoolConfiguration

I get two errors called: Failed to evaluate binding expression: “#{PoolConfigViewPage.tableContent}”

with details:
com.webMethods.portlet.PoolConfiguratorException: Unexpected exception caught: com.webMethods.ccs.engine.model.RepositoryException: Error retrieving JDBC pool configurations

I have unistalled/installed complete suite and dropped/created DB component configurator many times, with same error.

Kindly help.

Regards,
Dev
</mycomputername\SQLEXPRESS>

Hi,

I fixed the issue. Apparently, while dropping the DB tables for mWS in DB component configurator, we also have to manually delete the tables which start with ccs(around 14 from the db). After this is done, uninstalling and reinstalling mws and recreating the mws tables through db component configurator resolves the problem.

Regards,
Dev