Services tab in MWS is not displaying data

Hi All,

The services tab in MWS is not displaying data.

I did the following .
Configured MWS in wMMonitor page.
Added the IS server in servers Tab in MWS.
Enabled service level auditing in the services.

But, still i couldn’t see the services in this TAB.

Please advise on how to debug this issue.

version 9.0.

The strange thing is same configuration works in Production,but not in our staging environment.

Thanks,
Sathya

Can you please share the audit properties of the IS service.

Attached is the sample audit properties. You can change as per your needs.
audit.PNG

Hi ,

I am using the same audit and logging pipeline too.

Also, one more query. Is this anyway related to data sources in MWS. If so , it has only SID. How should I set serviceName of a DB in that.

Thanks,
Sathya

Can you confirm if your JDBC pools are configured to point to an external DB. Also install this package and run, you must see some data on Service monitoring on MWS.

MonitoringServicesCodeSamples.zip (4.7 KB)

Hi,
JDBC pools are configured in IS.

But, in MWS I am not able to edit the default one.

When i try to add new one, it asks for SID . But , I have only serviceName and not sure on how to use it to connect.

Any idea will be helpful and I will install that package and update you.

Thanks,
Sathya

Hi,

do you have WmMonitor package installed in your IS?
Is the MWS configured there?

Additionally you should check if the SAM-URL is configured in IS Admin UI under Settings → Resources.
It should point to the MWS.

Regards,
Holger

Hi.

there should be no need to change the datasource at MWS side.

What is the result when you click on the “Check Server Status” button on the Servers Tab in MWS?

Remember that the password for the user Administrator needs to be identical on IS and MWS.

Any messages in the IS sever.log and/or in the MWS full.log which might be helpful for further analysis?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,

thanks for the points.

The Server status shows connected.
MWS and IS share same password.
The SAM URL in resources points to MWS URL
The wMMonitor package has the MWS credentials configured.

I doubt the data Resource only . I want to narrow it down by adding new connection with the same DB details. But as i said it asks for SID instead of serviceName.

It will be helpful if you can tell me how to configure serviceName.

I will share the IS and MWS logs by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Sathya

Hi,

Monitor UI only connects to the IS invoking services in WmMonitor package.

It does not use direct database access from within MWS.

Can you share a screen shot of your JDBC-Pools overview (in IS Admin under Settings → Pools)?

IS Core audit function needs a JDBC-Pool assigned whiich points to the database schema which has the tables created via DB Configurator for IS Core Audit component.

Regards,
Holger

HI,

@sathyaraj,

Have you changed your role’s permissions to allow access to your services? By default, you have no access, even if you are an administrator.

You also have to do that to see process and document history.

Best Regards,

Hi,

Tried giving grant all to the Administrator. Still no luck.

Thanks,
Sathya

Hi Holger,

The IS Core Audit is configured and I can even see the wmservice table in DB. But, the same is not getting displayed in MWS.

Does, MWS pull wm service data from the database(same as IS core audit DB) configured in data source tab in MWS?

Thanks,
Sathya

If you are sure about the JDBC pools being successfully configured and you are able to test, can I have a look at your flow service implementation with logged fields screen shots.

Also do you see any data in WMSERVICE and other WMSERVICE*** tables.

Hi Mahesh,

Please find attached the screenshots .

Any ideas will be helpful.

Thanks,
Sathya

audit_property.PNG

Hi,

I am also attaching the JDBC ISCore Audit and Central user configuration test status.

Thanks,
Sathya
centralUsers.PNG
ISCOREAudit.PNG

Hi All,

Also,The getList service inside services folder in wMMonitor package is not retrieving the results in these IS servers.

Thanks,
Sathya

Hi Sathya,

please check the IS server log if there is any message when invoking the getList service from WmMonitor package.

Have a look at the Monitor Built-In-Services Guide for this.

You might want to increase the LogLevel for the LogFactory “Monitor (Database Layer)” to Trace to see if there is an issue when querying the database.
You can try this with the other Log Factories whose labels start with “Monitor” to see if there any other issues with the services or the database.

Is the user you are using for the services a member of the MonitorAdministrators resp. MonitorUsers ACL?

Regards,
Holger

Hi Holger,
I included the Administrator user to the MonitorUsers ACL but still the same issue.

I traced it in server log and the below query is being used .

SELECT DISTINCT t12.ROOTCONTEXTID , t12.PARENTCONTEXTID , t12.CONTEXTID , t12.SERVICENAME , t12.SERVERID , t12.USERID , t13.FIRSTSTATUS , t13.FIRSTSTATUS FIRSTSTATUSDECODE, t13.FIRSTTIME , t13.FIRSTTIME FIRSTTIMESTRING, t13.LASTSTATUS , t13.LASTSTATUS LASTSTATUSDECODE, t13.LASTTIME , t13.LASTTIME LASTTIMESTRING, t13.DURATION , t12.CUSTOMCONTEXTID FROM WMSERVICE t12, WMSERVICE_MIN_MAX t13 WHERE t13.CONTEXTID = t12.CONTEXTID AND t12.AUDITTIMESTAMP = t13.LASTTIME AND ((t13.LASTTIME >= ? AND t13.LASTTIME <= ?)) ORDER BY t13.LASTTIME DESC

After further analysis, the issue is because data is not getting inserted to the table WMSERVICE_MIN_MAX in Staging environment and the services tab uses the above mentioned query in which WMSERVICE_MIN_MAX is used.

The same table has data in Dev and Prod and it works fine there.

Any idea please on which property to check will be very helpful.

Thanks,
Sathya

Hi,

Please check the attached screenshot.

Have you enabled the “Access All” for processes, documents and services?

Have you enabled Data Level Security (DLS) in your WmMonitor package?

Best regards,